Chapter 25

Gabby's POV:

 After I get back from the I call, I can't help but have a smile on my face. Calls like that remind me of why I wanted to become a firefighter. Why I love being a firefighter. I love the feeling you get after saving somebody. It's the best feeling in the world.

I walk into the bathroom, really quick to wash my hands and face. When I return, everybody is in the lounge chilling, including Matt.

"So Dawson, what are you going to cook for dinner?" Mouch asks me. "Lunch wasn't too long ago. I think you might be obsessed with food," I tease. "Very funny. I just would like to know what you are planning on cooking?" He responds to me. "Later, I will be making tacos, okay Mouch," I say slowly. He nods and says, "I love tacos."

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Matt staring at me, but I pretend that I'm not paying attention. Right now, I don't want anything to do with Matthew Casey, as bad as that may sound. I love him, but he isn't being understanding.

Severide walks up to me and says, "You know, I always knew that your determination and feistiness would be come in use." I laugh and say, "That's true." He pulls me away from everybody else and says, "Dawson, I am so proud of you and I want you to know that you are kicking ass as a firefighter." I give him a warm smile and thank him. Kelly is an amazing friend, and it's good to have one right now, because I no longer have Shay.

I walk over to the kitchen to make sure that I had the ingredients for the tacos. Dinner would probably be in two hours or so. It depends on if we have any calls later. While checking, Matt walks up behind me and whispers, "Can I talk to you?"

"Why, you're just going to yell at me," I snap, not even turning around to look at him. "Please Dawson," he begs. I may be pissed at him, but all I want is to talk things out with him, but I'm scared. "Fine," I mutter as I follow him to his office.

He closes the door and I take a deep breathe, trying to stay calm. After this, things will either be even more ugly, or better. I'm not sure what the result will be though. He sits in his chair and says, "I think you should sit down for this." I nod and sit down on his bed. Then, I wait for him to speak.

"I think we should talk about what happened," He says after a minute of silence. "What's there to talk about? I told you I was just saving a life and you yelled at me," I say angrily. "Yeah, I am sorry about that, you know I have a bad temper sometimes," he says looking straight into my eyes.

"It's not just that you yelled at me, Lieutenant, it's that you told me that you weren't sure if you wanted to be with me anymore," I respond calmly. "I was pissed Gabby. I didn't want you risking your life more than you have to. I need you in my life," he pleads. "And you lost me from your life anyways," I snap.

"I was going to apologize," he tells me. "But you didn't. You just yelled at me even more Matt! In front of everybody else too," I explain to him, trying to stay calm. Did he not understand how much he hurt me?

"I know that. I was mad at myself for being a jackass and I took it out on you, and I'm so sorry. You are the person I care most about, and I pushed you away and I can't tell you how sorry I am," he says, his voice shaking. "Matt, I was just saving that man. I'm sure that you've given somebody your helmet before," I respond.

"I have yes, but I was just worried about you. I thought that you were being stupid, but once I calmed down I realized that I was the one who made a mistake," He tries to explain. "You hurt me Matt, you hurt me so bad," I say, trying not to cry.

"That's what makes me feel the worse. I just want you to know how sorry I am. I should have talked to you. I shouldn't have blamed you or yelled," he explains. "You lied. You told me work wouldn't get in the way of our relationship, yet here we are again," I choke out. He promised me when we got back together. He said nothing would come in the way of our relationship.

"God, I did lie Gabs. But, give me a chance again to prove you wrong. I swear to you that I won't lie ever again," he begs. "You said that last time and I believed you, but you did it again. How do I know this won't happen again?" I ask him.

He thinks for a second, trying to find the right words to say. "Because I love you Gabby, and I don't want to hurt you ever again. If I do this to you again Gabby, I promise you that I will step down from my Lieutenant position," he tells me. How do I know he's telling the truth? "I'm not sure what to believe, Matt. I'm scared of being hurt again. Just like I was last time," I tell him, truthfully.

"Believe me, Gabriela. I love you so much, and I don't want to hurt you ever again. I know I screwed up, but I am trying to fix it because I need you in my life. It's not the same without you," he pleads. I want to forgive him, but what if nothing changes?

"I don't know Matt. Maybe we just aren't meant to be?" I tell him, not able to look up at him. He walks up to me and looks me in the eyes. "Trust me, we are meant to be Gabriela Dawson. You are mine and you always will be," he says sternly. A small smile lights up my face.

"I want to forgive you and say that everything is fine, but I am scared Matt," I choke out. "Believe me. I am never going to hurt you again. I will always protect you Gabriela. You are mine and I'm not letting you slip away from my fingers again," he says with a serious tone.

Then, he does something unexpected. He leans in and kisses me. His kiss is full of passion, and I must say, I really missed kissing him. When he pulls apart, he looks at me. "I know we have so things to work on, but will you be my girl again?" he begs me.

Sometimes, he puts me through hell, but it always seems to be worth it. I can't help it, Matthew Casey has my heart, and he always will. I need him so bad. "I know we can work this out. We can make this work," he says.

I nod and say, "I'm willing to give this a chance, again, but I need you to really promise this time that you will communicate and understand me." He nods and smiles. "Yeah, I swear," he says, and I know how crazy that sounds, but I believe him. "Okay then, but we have to work some things out," I tell him. He smirks and says, "I know Gabby, and we will."

He kisses me again, and I kiss him back. Flames dance across our tongues as we kiss. Between kisses, I choke out, "I missed kissing you, well, I missed being with you in general." He kisses me again and says, "I missed everything about you."

He releases his lips from mine and stands up. "Where are you going?" I ask him, a little angry. He closes the blinds and I smirk. He walks back to me and kisses me aggressively. I know we have issues and that our relationship is far from perfect, but I have a strong feeling that I will always be with Matthew Casey.

Thanks for reading, as usual. I will keep updating whenever I have a chance. Tell me what you think please. Are you enjoying the story so far? Thanks so much.