Chapter 39

Gabby's POV:

Today is my first shift since Antonio's accident. That happened five days ago. I was suppose to go back three days ago, but thankfully Chief gave me these days off.

Yesterday Antonio was released from the hospital, and he is doing fine. I just feel bad for him because he has nobody else to take care of him. I will always be there for him though, we both would do anything for each other.

Matt went back to work three days ago, so I have been the only one who has been off duty. I miss work, so I am ready to go back and see everybody. It's not like I haven't done anything the last days though, I worked some night shifts at Molly's.

I wake up in my bed. I yawn and look over to see that Matt is staring at me. When he sees that I am awake, he smiles at me. "Hey baby," he whispers before leaning in and kissing me. "Morning," I respond.

After a few minutes, we get out of bed. I shower first, then change quickly. While Matt's in the shower, I cook some pancakes. Then, I get some fruit out of the fridge and place it on our kitchen table.

He appears a few minutes later and grins when he sees that I already have breakfast ready. "I'm so lucky that my girl can cook," he says while sitting down. "And I'm so lucky that my boyfriend is super hot," I respond as I hand him a plate. He chuckles and takes a bite of his food.

When we are done eating, we get into the car and head off to work. "So Antonio is doing better?" he asks me on the way. "Yeah, he is healing fine. He's very lucky," I say. He nods and keeps on driving.

When we arrive, we head into the main room. "Hey Dawson!" they all shout when they notice me. They all crowd Matt and I. Matt told them what happened, so they are all updated.

"How's Antonio?" Herrmann asks me. "He's doing better. He was released yesterday," I respond while smiling. "That's good. Ready to get back to work?" he asks me. I laugh and nod my head.

We all sit down and they ask me questions about Antonio. Everybody cares about him, he's family to them all. In fact, the whole firehouse is family, and I am so grateful to have two of them.

Mills is nice enough to cook, so Matt and I head off to the locker room so we can change. Once I'm done, I start to walk back to the main room, but somebody stops me. Brett. She drags me to the cot room and we both sit down.

"What are you doing?" I ask her.  She has a huge grin on her face. "Okay, I have to tell you something," she says. Nervously, I nod and say, "what are you so excited about telling me Silvie?"

"Okay, well, last shift was so stressful, since we had so many calls. So, after it was over we all went to Molly's," she tells me. I nod and respond, "I know, I was working there."

She grins and says, "I know. You know how there were a few CPD cops there?" I nod, not knowing where she is going with this. "You know that desk cop Roman?" she asks me. "Yeah, the dirty blond hair guy. He works at the same office as Antonio. His name is Sean, right?"

"Yeah. So, he walked up to me while I was drinking with Erin and a few others and bought me a beer," she tells me with eagerness in her voice. My face lights up when I realize that I think I know where she is going with this. "No way," I exclaim.

"After we drank, I invited him to my place and we... we had sex!" she practically yells. "Oh my god, Brett!" I shout. She deserves to be with somebody. She dated Cruz for a while, but she thought he was too boring. "And what's he like? Is he fun enough for you?" I ask her.

She smiles and chuckles. "Oh yeah, he's just what I'm looking for! And he's so hot!" I grin and respond, "I'm so happy for you Brett!" Then, I add, "are you thinking of making things serious? Are you looking for a relationship with him?" She says, "yeah, we talked about it, and we are dating!"

"Okay, enough about me. How are you and the Lieutenant doing?" she asks me. A smile lights up on my face and I respond, "Great! He's just so kind and he really comforted me at the hospital. Casey is so supportive and I'm so damn in love with him."

After we talk for a while, I walk into the main room and sit down at the table. Everybody is eating, but Matt and I aren't since we already had breakfast. I start talking with Otis and Herrmann about Molly's at the table. Out of the corner of my eye I see Matt leave the table and head off to his office.

Suddenly in the mood for some fun, I hurry up and finish the conversation with Otis and Herrmann. After a few minutes of talking, I get up from the table. "Where you going Dawson?" Mouch asks me. Trying not to be suspicious, I calmly respond, "I have to go pee. Jeez, what's with the interrogating!"

I hear Severide chuckle as I leave the room. I walk down the hall, and instead of turning right to go to the bathroom, I head to Casey's office.

I knock on the door and enter. Matt turns around and smiles when he sees that it's me. "Hey, what's up Gabby?" he asks me. I close the door behind me and close the curtains. "You know, it's been a bit of a slow morning, and I think I need something to wake me up," I respond while grinning.

He smirks and I walk up to him and sit on his lap so I am facing him. "Besides doing it in here with me, have you done it with anybody else in here?" I ask him. He looks down and I know the answer. "Hallie?" I question him, not really caring. "Yeah, but she's nowhere as good as you," he responds as he leans in and crashes his lips against mine.

"Really?" I ask him. "Not even close," he mutters before kissing me again. I break the kiss and then work on his neck, trying to leave a mark. "The things you do to me Gabriela Dawson," he moans.

I smirk and work on taking off my top. "I love you Lieutenant," I say between our kisses. He looks into my eyes and responds, "I love you too Candidate." I grin and once again attach my lips to his. Who knew work could be this much fun?

Thanks for reading! I've been sick, so I haven't been able to update much. I apologize. Thanks for sticking with me and I will keep doing my best to update. Please review and tell me what you think. And I am curious, do you guys have any ideas for Casey's proposal? Please comment any ideas you may have. Thanks!