Chapter 4

Yohan laid on his bed, legs on the floor, and hands on his face. His schedule was nonexistent, unless he included school and work. Other than that, he had nothing to do. He reflected his earlier decision, maybe he should've slept at Elios's.

He exhaled, mumbling to himself, "I'm bored."

He thought for a second, considering whether he should go visit his taller friend. Elios wasn't the person to reject him coming over.

The teen had made up his mind, he was coming over. It wasn't too late either, 10 PM.

Elios was the type to sleep early, however, an exception was made towards Sundays, having him sleep at around midnight. It might be fun to surprise him too.

Yet, his mind drifted to think about Emma. It still felt unusual to be around her, but since she had somewhat opened up it wouldn't be too awkward.

She was quite charming that way.

Yohan softly slapped himself on the cheek, "What the hell is wrong with me?" He groaned, he shouldn't be thinking of her in that manner.

Enough thinking. He stood up from his bed and pulled on one of his gray hoodies, also grabbing his backpack from the hook hanger next to the door.

Now, Yohan was ready and on his way. Elios's house is a block away, being the house at the end of the street. It would take a minute if he ran.

And he did, rapidly running towards the beige house.

The house lights were unsurprisingly on, indicating that his friend was awake.

Yohan ran a hand through his navy-blue hair as he knocked on the door, waiting.

Almost instantly, the door opened, revealing Emma standing there. She waved at him, "Hey Yohan! Elios and I are playing board games, care to join?"

He was moderately taken aback to see Emma answering his knock, but he smiled nonetheless, at least there seemed to be something eventful going on.

Yohan grinned, "Sure, I'll join!"

He went through the door to see Elios sitting on the couch, staring intensely at a chess board on the coffee table.

He cursed himself seeing the game, he was no good at chess.

Yohan faintly pursed his lips, "Eyy, Elios you're playing chess with Emma? It's unfair to her you're a genius at it." He chuckled to himself at his remark.

Elios stopped looking at the board and looked at Yohan, "Actually, she's quite good at it. Almost beat me a few times."

"Almost? You're still winning each game then!"

Elios shook his head, "She has just learned how to play," he smiled as he raised an eyebrow at Yohan, "She's a lot better than you, I'll say.. even though you've played plenty more."

Yohan gawked at Emma, beaming with joy, "You just learned, and almost beat him?! If you win, I can rub it in!"

Emma froze for a second before bursting out laughing, "Yeah sure, but I'm not sure how Elios is so good at this. I think it's better if you try to beat him."

"I suck.."

Elios retorted, "Yeah! Rub it in when you win!"

"Man, you know I'll never be able to.."

The snow-like-haired male focused on Emma, before speaking, "Emma, you mind ending this game? I want to go against Yohan."

Emma made a thumbs up, "Sure!"