Chapter 6

Yohan dozed in and out of consciousness as he opened the door to his house. He hadn't realized how exhausted he was from being outside all day; he always preferred spending time at home.

He yawned, locking the door behind him, he didn't even have the energy to brush his teeth. Instead, he dashed to his bed, immediately crashing onto it.

Done for the day, he kept in mind that he needed to send a text to Emma, even if he was worn out. She did say she would wake him up tomorrow, and since he had her phone number, it would be reasonable for him to send a text as she didn't have his number.

The adolescent grumbled, not wanting to send a message, even if it would be impolite.

Despite that, he mustered up all of his energy, typing to Emma. He only sent a short "Hello" before responding with "It's Yohan."

Yohan waited for a while until he saw the typing indicator from her side. It was only there for a short duration until a thumbs-up was sent.

Although he did think it was a bit odd, especially someone as chatty as her, he didn't complain. After all, she must've been drowsy as well. He was thankful, almost as if it had been a blessing.

The man turned off his phone, throwing it to the side, as he shut his eyes.

--

I woke up with my phone making a loud sound, it was louder than usual too. My phone volume was always low or silent. It didn't matter much now. Well, that's tough.

I slowly sat up from my bed, half asleep, stretching. I noticed the sun was ever so slightly going up, what time is it?

My eyes widened as I remembered last night. Emma was supposed to wake me up, so that's why I'm getting a call early. I was a tad nervous, who knows for how long I haven't answered her. Well, let's not waste any time now.

I rubbed my face, answering the call, "I'm up I'm up... gosh what time is it?"

"it's 6 am, I'm outside your house, let me in!" Her voice was harsh, was she outside for long?

Other thoughts raced through my mind, how does Emma know where I live? Why is she here so early? Man, I'm so tired, I don't want to deal with all of this.

I yawned, "Alright I'll open the door, give me a minute."

I grunted, hanging up the call. I'll have to leave the heaven that is my bed, well, if it's Emma I guess that's ok. The weather isn't the warmest this time of year, I hope she doesn't get sick.

Opening the door, I noticed her looking down the door, she appeared to be mad. Emma spoke up after a short moment of silence, "I waited for five minutes, and you didn't pick up my calls until now!"

I bit my tongue, this type of Emma is scary, she looked like she was ready to punch me and suck the life out of me.

Clearing my throat, I struggled to retaliate, "I'm a heavy sleeper..."

She responded with a brief pout before lightly punching my chest, "If I ever get sick because of this, it's your fault, got it?"

Honestly, I'm not sure if that was a threat. Her personality goes back and forth. And even if I was still groggy, I responded quickly, "Yes ma'am."

I was wishing not to die of cuteness today, anyway.

Despite everything, I let her in. She sat on the couch before I went to the bathroom to do my duties.

After hastily trying to prepare myself, I came back to my room, changed, and had my backpack ready for the day. My only problem was that it was still early, from my explanation, it may have gone a lot longer than that but that's not true.