09

"I want divorce."

"What!? Are you out of your mind?" Mrs. Bianchi screamed, grabbing Amber's hand.

"I want divorce, papa. I can't live with that monster any longer." Amber turns to her father.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Her mother screamed.

"Does my face look like I'm kidding?" Amber screamed, pointing at her beaten up face.

"Papa, please save me. I can't live with him anymore." Amber cried, sitting beside her father.

"I will talk to Mr. Hemsworth, princess. I don't care how much it costs me, but I won't let you be with him any longer." Her father says, caressing her hair.

"What are you saying, Matteo? We'll be on the streets." Her mother screeched.

"Have you looked at our little girl, Amore? He has beaten her black and blue, she doesn't even look like herself anymore. I can lose my everything, but not my children, especially not my little girl."

Amber hugs her father, crying as her mother screams in frustration,"You know how that family is, they will destroy us, Matteo. They'll ruin us."

"Do you think we can live a happy life while watching Amber die each day? No, mumma." Rose says.

"We don't have any other option, Rose! Matteo and I are old, we can't afford to get homeless at this age. We don't even have a son for support." Mrs. Bianchi cries.

"Amber, what type of daughter you are? Don't you feel ashamed of yourself for putting us into this situation? Why can't you give him a child like he wants?" She turned to Amber, screaming.

"I gave him a child, mumma, but he killed it. I was lying there for hours in blood, slipping in and out of consciousness as I begged for help. No one came to my rescue! I can't live with him, I can't spend a single day with that monster." Amber cries.

"Oh, stop it! I don't want to hear another word from you. You'll go back to Pariston and try to be a good wife. Do you have any idea how many times his mother has called me to complain about you? If you're drowning, then drown but don't drag us down with you." Her mother growled, grabbing her hand as she pulled Amber towards the door.

"Mumma, please listen to me." Amber sobbed.

"Enough of your bullshit, it's time you return to your husband."

"Mumma, no! Please, I'm begging you!"

"Marie, enough. Let her go." Her father growled, pulling them apart.

Amber hugged her father tightly, sobbing as her body shook in fear. He wrapped his arms around her, feeling her tremble.

"Papa, please don't send me back. I'll die. Please." She cried.

"Sshhh, enough, my little girl. I won't send you back. You will never see him again, I promise." He said, kissing her forehead.

"But, Matteo-"

"Enough! I'll speak to you later." He glared at Marie, taking Amber to her room.

"It's okay, don't cry." He whispers, wiping her face.

"Papa, he . . . he-" She sobbed, hiding her face in his chest.

"I'll never let that bastard near you, my girl, I promise." He says, kissing her forehead.

Matteo wiped his own tears, looking at Amber sob in pain. He tucks Amber into bed, before walking out with tears. Rose sits beside Amber hugging her as Amber cries.