45

"I can't believe my baby is all grown up," Archer smiles as he fixes my tie like a melodramatic mom. 

I stare at myself in the mirror, a defeated loser staring back at me. I'm actually getting married today to the sister of the girl I love more than anything. It's pathetic really how I wish to be with Amber while getting married to Rose. 

I shake my head, "I just. . ."

"It's okay," Archer mumbles completely focused on the tie. 

"I wasn't asking for forgiveness," I growl as he frowns at me. 

"You should." 

"You fucking drugged me!" I step away from him, glaring at my brother. I take a glass of water from them, and the next thing I know is that I'm all groggy waking up at my wedding venue. 

He sighs, looking over at William and James who were sprawled on the couch. William hides his face behind the magazine he was reading while James shrugs. 

"We were just trying to stop you from getting yourself killed." James mumbles, gulping down some alcohol. 

"I'm your Capo, I don't need your protection nor your opinions in my personal matters," I growl running my hand through my hair. 

Today is a bad day to kill them, Arles. Don't kill them today. 

"If you're our Capo, then you better start acting like it. Breaking into your enemy's house and kidnapping his wife and kid isn't what good Capos do." Archer snaps, pulling me to face him. 

Yeah well, I never said I was a good Capo. 

"It wasn't my plan. I wasn't gonna do that." I groan. 

That was exactly my plan. I was definitely gonna do that. 

"You called a private jet to take them somewhere far away," James says. 

Well, I can't fly commercially while abducting a woman and her baby. 

"Arles. Just why?" Archer questions, looking at me in pity. 

I look back at the guys, they had the same expression as if I'm the puppy Amber keeps kicking out of her house but I always sleep near the door, hoping she'd open it for me one day. I probably am that puppy but they don't need to know that. I'm the freaking Capo! 

"Look, I know what you all think of me but it's not like that. Aeros and I are really close and our opinions match a lot so I just wanted to spend some time with him, you know . . . to talk about the world's political and economic state." 

Yeah, I should shut up. 

"That kid can say goo-goo ga-ga on his best day, and you're telling me your opinions match?" James looks at me as if I'm losing my mind. 

Aeros' and my opinions do match. He loves his mom a lot. And I also love his mom a lot. 

"Do we need to remind him that she stabbed his ass and ran away with his enemy?" James looks at Archer. 

"Let's not forget the part where they tried to cook him," Archer adds. 

"We have seen you live a life worse than death every day for the last two years, buddy. Poison doesn't turn to water if you give it time, it always stays poison." William mumbles sadly. 

"Even if she is poison, I'd drink it gladly every fucking time."

"Okay, yeah. I give up on him!" He groans, smashing a pillow on his face before screaming his lungs out in it. He sounds frustrated. Poor guy.