Main Chapter 3 - Wonders and Wandering

(trying a new format for now)

" He's different from the other captains huh.. I wonder what makes him that way.. "

┏━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┓

The encounter with the new captain was quite.. awkward. Reader Cookie sighed behind the locked doors of the throne room, relieved that it was over. Though they still contemplated on how they thought the wolf captain was different than the other captains they'd met in the past. Reader Cookie had then noticed, where was their father? Reader Cookie approached a servant of the Dark Cacao Castle, still having what they said the wolf captain, on the top of their mind.

"(Servant Name) Cookie? " " Yes your highness? " " Where has my father went? " The servant went silent for a few seconds, like they were deciding if they should tell the prince/princess. " Forgive me but... I do not know. All I know is that he was given an important business invitation with the other ancients." The other ancients? Reader Cookie's eyes widened, they were surprised that their father was able to meet up with his old friends again, a feeling of missing washing over them slightly, as they remember from their young cookie days. (I'm making the ancients your aunts and uncles, your welcome sorta.) As Reader Cookie basked in a moment of silence, Reader Cookie finally snapped out of their thoughts, still dazed. "Well then, thank you." Reader Cookie replied, the servant instantly bowing after. "My pleasure your highness." The servant said as they resumed their position, sweeping the floors.

It was quite boring around the castle, nothing to do. Reader Cookie was now sitting in their room, bored out of their mind. They glanced to their right and saw their coat on a rack. Why not visit the marketplace for now? Reader Cookie jumped out of their bed, a burst of energy over-taking them as they grabbed their coat and rushed to the main entrance/exit of the palace. "Your highness! Where are you going at this moment?" Servant Cookie exclaimed as the cookie ran toward the prince/princess. "I'm going out. If my father returns, please tell him about my whereabouts." Reader Cookie replied as they proceeded forward to the palace entrance/exit. They opened the big doors, snow falling heavily as servants pushed the snow off the bridge and onto a cart, which would be taken to the water plant and taken care of. Reader Cookie rushed out, going onto the bridge and following the path to the marketplace. The marketplace wasn't as bustling as the Hollyberrian version, but it has its own uniqueness.

After a while of walking through shin-deep snow, Reader Cookie reached the marketplace, it was filled with people and stalls, as the walkways were adorned with traditional Dark Cacao streets lights, filled with purple lights illuminating inside them. "Fresh roasted sugar mice!" "Chocoball fruits! Fresh from the plant! " "Dumplings!" Lots of talking could be heard, the occasional Karen tourist complaining about the bitter food. Reader Cookie walked among the stalls admiring the food and other things being sold at the stands. There was a small news stand, handing out news papers about some random topic. Reader Cookie took one, skimming the pages as they walked.

THE ICEBREAKER || LOCAL NEWS

COUNCIL OF HEROES ARISES AGAIN?
The council of heroes has been a long gone tradition after the dreadful Dark Flour War. But once again, the Council Of Heroes is about to come back from its grave. The Ancients, consisting of Dark Cacao Cookie, Pure Vanilla Cookie, and Hollyberry Cookie and a mystery guest, presenting his home. ————————————

Oh, so that's where he went.

END OF CHAPTER HERE!
WORDS: 606