Chapter IV

You wake to a strange tingly feeling on your side, it reminds you of when you were little, and Inna would pour some unknown red liquid on your torn-up knees. When you got older, she told you what it was, but you could never remember what she called it. You always just called it fairy tonic because it was like magic. The more you grew the less you needed it, occasionally you would if you got into a fight at school or accidentally sliced your hand cutting apples. You'd completely forgotten about it until now. I like fairy tonic; it makes me feel all warm and bubbly inside. While you lay on something wooden and hard, reminiscing about the tingly feeling spreading from your waist throughout your torso, your brain starts to clear, however, not entirely. The scene in Faron woods floods back into your memory, although very fuzzy, striking you with sudden panic. Your hand automatically goes to your fresh wound, but instead of finding the butt of the arrowhead engraved in your skin, it brushes over gauzy wraps. Who the hell did that? Your right-hand lifts to touch your leg, where you remember the other arrowhead being. Before you can even get close to the injury, a soft hand is on yours, holding it down on the table.

"I'm sorry." Says a young voice. You process the voice through your head: teenage, female, not regal, slightly southern. No one you know. Why is this person apologizing? Who is she? What the hell is happening?! You feel the ring of a bottle press against your lips, you oblige and part them. However, the liquid overwhelms your mouth, with its bitter and harsh taste. You've only had this one other time when you accidentally bought that whiskey-laced milk in castle town. Immediately, your mouth shut closed, forbidding any more alcohol in. Another set of hands, rougher and clearly older, pulled your mouth back open, flooding it with the nasty liquid. Before slipping back into numbness, you felt a pair of cold, what seemed to be spoons, slowly slide into your leg, but you can't do anything about it as your mind is still hazy from before and the addition of alcohol.

"Careful, Bo, she's regained some consciousness." Said a raspy female voice on your right. Every instinct in your body told you to thrash, scream, and protect yourself in some way, but you were useless. Just lain there like a rag-doll. Utterly still, numb almost. It was shameful. You decide to let them do whatever they're doing, returning to the empty state you were in before.

——————————

As the darkness that surrounded you starts to fade, you begin regaining consciousness. Gently, you open your eyes, observing where you are. The room was small, but cozy. It had a little, round window that spread light across the wooden table you were lain on. Just bellow you was some sort of thin yellow blanket. Next to the table you were on,  was a short bookshelf that had a burnt out lantern and glass of foggy water, you didn't trust enough to drink, on top of it. On the opposite side of the room was a staircase leading down and rocking chair with a small, chevron pillow. The warmth of the room came from a chimney that stuck out of the wall, most likely coming from a fireplace down bellow. 

You slowly sat up, praying to the goddess you wouldn't be dizzy. You were, surprisingly, fine. Seeing as you had alcohol, some sort of poison causing foggy brain, and probably some blood loss too. Once you were up and had swung your legs off the makeshift bed, you realized that your right pant leg that was ripped before was magically restored. You also realized you weren't wearing a shirt. This made you panic and you started frantically looking around to try and find your things, 'cause you couldn't really do anything in straight up cloth and bandages wrapped around you. You got to your feet and found that your body was still a little banged up. You managed to find your boots, shirt, boot dagger, and belt by the rocking chair, but the problem was you had to get there. While your legs worked, they were slow and sore, as if they were still fogged up, even though your mind was clear. The more you walked around the looser your joints became, as if there was some sort of invisible haze or fog that started to drift away, like oiling and old, rusty can. You slipped of your boots, sliding the dagger back in its hidden hilt, and shirt, not bothering with the belt because it might be too tight on your side, before turning to face your next challenge. Stairs. Ugh. Why would they put someone injured upstairs? That's just dumb. I mean, what's they think 'hey let's see if she can make it down the stairs without tearing her wounds back open or face planting!' You grab hold of the railing, and slowly started your way down.

When you were at the bottom, you found yourself in a decently sized room that had a large rug in the middle and a fireplace to the right. To your left was what appeared to be the front door, there was also some other doors and passageways, although, you couldn't tell what it was and it's no good to go snooping around a strangers house. You wrinkled your nose remembering that you had stayed in a stranger's house. Soon, however, you found your other materials, bow and arrows, which made your body unconsciously shiver, your sword, satchel, and the items you had brought that were meant for this village. You figured you'd come back to those later, so you head out the front door, towards the beautiful, late morning sunshine. 

————————-

       Hey y'all, so sorry I haven't been updating this story a lot, as I'm sure you know, life is busy. I doubt a lot of people are even still reading this but, hey ✨tada✨a new chapter for those that are. Which, if you are still reading, thanks, it's much appreciated :)

       Anyways, I'll try to update the story more, and I'll most likely add to this story too, so yeah. Hope you enjoyed and I hope that you are doing well!