001

November 6th, 1983
AJ's POV

I felt a hand tap my shoulder causing me to jump, pulling my headphones from my ears

"You got off 15 minutes ago Sinclair. Go home." My boss smiled softly and I gasped looking at my watch.

8:05pm

"Shit! Thanks Benny, I'll see you tomorrow. Oh um that supply shipment will be here tomorrow at noon, don't forget." I explained shoving my things into my bag.

"I won't. Now go on home or your mother will give me an earful about over working you on a school night." He joked but I knew he was being truthful. My mom had always been weary of me having a 'real job'. She thinks I'm to young but babysitting doesn't pay enough and I'm trying to save up for this really cool motorcycle I've been wanting for ages. My dad says the only way I'd ever have one is if I bought it myself and that's what I'm trying to do.

"I'll see you after school. Bye!" I called over my shoulder before running over to my car.

I had to go pick up my brother and his friends to take them home after there D&D campaign

I had to go pick up my brother and his friends to take them home after there D&D campaign. If I'm lucky it ran over any they hadn't left the Wheeler's place yet.

👾👾👾

My tires screeched as I pulled into the driveway of the Wheeler home and I quickly got out of the car.

"Bikes are still here, that's a good sign." I mumbled to myself before going over and knocking on the front door.

"AJ! Lovely to see you sweetheart." Karen exclaimed with a smile

"Hey, Karen, I'm just here for the boys. It's almost curfew." I explained as she lead me to the kitchen.

"I'm sure they'll be up soon, can I get you something to eat? I know you didn't eat at work." She offered and I started to shake my head but then she gave me a look

"Um, sure?" I smiled as she moved around the kitchen to make me a sandwich

"How's school going?" She asked and I smiled