Chapter 3: The Backstabber

I woke up from birds chirping outside my window. I got up and went downstairs for some breakfast. I then got dressed and walked outside with my backpack on waiting for Massie to come pick me up. Then, I remembered...It was Saturday. 

I walked back inside and grabbed my dad's car keys. I drove to Massie's house and waited by the gates. "Hello? Who's there?"

"Alex"

"OK, I will let you in." I watched the big iron gates open up in front of me and reveal a long winding driveway. "Thanks." I yelled out the window as i drove off. I turned off the car and walked up to the front door where Patrick greeted me. "Massie is out in the garden with Aaron. You can go out and meet them." 

"Ok thanks." I looked down at my clothes before I stepped out the door. Shorts with a floral yellow top with sneakers. 

Good Enough.

I stepped outside onto a porch. I walked across it and stepped down onto the grass. I walked straight then turned the corner. A breeze blew at me and I saw Aaron wave at me as a smile grew on his face. I couldn't help but break out into a smile too. I walked closer to them and sat down. "Morning." Said Massie.

"Good Morning Massie." I looked at Aaron, "And you to Aaron." Aaron smiled and his eyes sparkled in such a way i felt my jaw drop. I quickly pretended I was yawing and turned the other way. I didn't want him to think I was intrested in him because he was dating my best friend....Ok, I lied. I want him to be intrested into me. Not Massie. But have you seen her 'Makeup Closet'? It's literlly like your in a Mac or Sephora store. She always has had that best stuff since we were little kids. It always went that way...And it probably will never change.

"So, how did you sleep last night?" Aaron said breaking the silence. I looked up and sort of smiled. "Ok I guess..."

"What about you Massie."

"I slept like a princess." She said trying to sound British.

We all laughed...Except for Massie. "I wasn't lieing. I truly did sleep like a princess. I always do." Massie said while taking a bite of her toast. "Besides, I have always had a hint of British in my words when I speak."

"Massie, I have known you my whole life and you have never sounded British." She gave me a look that spoke, 'Shut Up dont say those things infront of Him'. I looked over at Aaron. "Have you ever heard Massie talk British?" I asked him.

"No, I actually haven't." Suddenly Massie got up from the table looking all annoyed, grabbed her breakfast and walked away with it. 

"I'll be taking a bubble bath if anyone needs me." 

Me and Aaron laughed again. "Why does she do that?"

"Do what? Try to sound British?" I replied with a giggle.

"Yah. Why does she do that?"

"She wants to just be the best in the school and in the world."  We laughed again.

Don't get me wrong, I was really excited that me and Aaron were spending quality time together... It was quite fun.