The beginning

New book!!

Hopefully I can keep writing this one!

_-_-_______

//Third person's pov//

Terror was engraved into their bones. As the sight before them grew, their hope diminished realising they were weak. They were powerless. They couldn't move to dodge or run, all they could do was stare at the sight before them.

Fires eating their classrooms, mana beasts dismembering their peers and friends. The terrified screams shutting off as students started to get crushed.

"CAPTAIN, WHAT DO WE DO!"

"W-We fight..." the quietest whisper pierced into their ears.

"UNDERSTOOD CLAIRE!"

Their Captain, Claire raised her rapier announcing to herself and other, 'IT'S TIME TO FIGHT.'

Pushing down the fear and panic to the bottom of their stomach they charged.

They all thought, 'I'm part of the disciplinary committee, I must help.'

Scratches and burns started to mark their territory making it so clear about the gap between them and their attacker. However, two people could change the tide of this battle but only one could end it.

//Claire's pov//

'Dammit, why are there so many...' I thought as I gritted my teeth. 'If only all of us were here, Arthur would be able to level things out a bit. How pathetic, I'm the captain and I'm thinking about relying on a first year.'

I swung my blade down while using a wind spell to push my opponent to the ground, a little trick Theodore taught me. I swiftly sprint over to Curtis as I have formed a plan.

"CURTIS, TAKE DORADREA AND THEODORE AND GET THE STUDENTS IN THE MIDDLE! ME AND THE REST WILL HOLD THEM OFF UNTIL THEN!"

"D-DORADREA ISN'T AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW!"

"WHAT?"

"SHE NEEDS MEDICAL ATTENTION AND THERE AREN'T ANY EMITTERS!"

Sh*t.

"TAKE THEODORE AND COLLECT THE OTHER STUDENTS AND GO TO FORMATION 3!"

"OKAY!"

Between the screaming and fighting it was almost impossible to focus but I had to. The split second I looked away it cost me my left eye. Blood filled the inside as an arrow shot through it.

"AGHH!"

I felt my body go into shock as I stiffened. I don't have time for this. I grip my rapier and create wind bullets similar to my uncle's but less power and mana as I needed to ration. I shoot them at random enemies making them fall down.

"CURTIS ARE YOU ALMOST FINISHED?"

"EVERYONES HERE CAP!"

"GET THE STUDENTS WHO ARE ABLE TO FIGHT AND MAKE THEM HELP, CONJURER, MAGE, AUGMENTER, IT DOESN'T MATTER!"

If Curtis did reply, it was covered underneath all the yelling as students and teachers formed a semi-circle protecting and attacking at the same time. This was no time to panic, we must stay level headed until Lances came.

"YOU B*STARDS IN THE COMMITTEE CAN'T DO ANYTHING BY YOURSELVES HUH?" Lucas yelled while creating a fireball and shooting it at our enemies.

"SHUT IT!"

"ELIJAH?" I hear Lilia yell. I turn my head towards them... he looks different.

His dark almost suffocating aura, his blood filled eyes similar to my left and his power emanating from him. He was strong. He conjured sickly black spikes across the ground, killing almost half of the enemies we have been fighting for the past 20min.

"Elijah..." I breathed. He's someone who can change this battle.

//Clive's pov//

Where is that peasant? He should be here by now. I'm so excited, what is he going to do when he realises what I've done to his precious, little elf princess. I start snickering while picturing his face, 'maybe he'll beg and get down on his knees... he'll have to sign a mana contract to get her back and in the next three years, I'll be the ruler of this continent. Especially with this new weapon.

I look down towards the former princess of Elenoir. "Still feisty?"

"I would sooner rather die than marry you," that witch spat.

Enraged, I grab her hair throwing her into a wall. "You're lucky I have this around my neck, you weak, incompetent b*tch." Tessia hissed as she grabbed her mana restriction chain.    (I can't find the actual word)

Once princess Tessia sees that lowly brat die, she'll fall for me with my power and good looks. I can't wait for that.

All I need is that peasant to die. So when is he going to show up. If he takes too long his friends will die. Their mana cores will be too strained to do anything in the next few minutes. So it's now or never Arthur Leywin, come now or forever suffer with guilt.

BOOM!

Is he finally here?! Can the fun start now?!

A mysterious figure showed with aura so powerful it made me choke on my words.

"Who are you?" I coughed out.

The figure stared silently past me and began walking with a beast beside him. A wyvern? N-no it has f-four legs... A dragon??!

The figure walked past me, not even acknowledging my existence. That b*stard, how dare he not acknowledge me. I will become the strongest mage of all!

I caught a glimpse of his face as he hit my shoulder walking towards the elf princess.

"Arthur, you finally showed up," I sneered as the battle around us diminished, everyone turning their attention towards the peasant. Even the mana beasts stared as if paying their respect? What is going on?

But that f*cker didn't even turn, who does he think he is?

"ARTHUR LEYWIN YOU WILL ANSWER ME!" I screamed trying to win back some of the authority that b*stard took.

//third person's pov//

Arthur continued to walk ignoring Clive's attempt to gain authority. As he reached his childhood best friend, his eyes softened and his aura calmed down.

He knelt down to her putting his arms around her waist pulling her into a hug. She melted in his arms, feeling his warmth. But, she was angry. Angry that she had once again needed his help, only this time she liked the attention. She liked how he came all this way from his family to come for her.

"ARTHUR LEYWIN GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY FUTURE WIFE!" Clive screeched. Arthur turned his gaze towards him.

"Your future wife?"

"YES SHE WILL BE MY BRIDE!"

"Heh," Arthur scoffs, "as if!"

Clive turns red with rage. "ARTHUR LEYWIN YOU WILL FALL BENEATH ME!"

"How? We already know who's stronger."

"I'm not the one who's gonna be fighting you," Clive sneered.

A crushing aura swept across the Xyrus academy's ground as a person walked through the barrier.

"SEE MY GREATEST INVENTION, ARTHUR LEYWIN!"

"What the f*ck... is that?"

_-_-___________

Finally finished :)

My new ff has started  \^.^/

Any critisism?