12 : His Choice (1)

"This is your room or both of you. I mean your's and your sister's?", Sidharth asked when they entered the room. Shehnaaz took a long breath as she is not ready for any commitment yet. She won't know if she should talk with him or not? What if her family didn't like it as they already told her that first, they want her sister to marry.

"Yes. Have a seat", Shehnaaz said and sat away from him due to her nervousness and she is awkward as well

"Don't you want to ask anything?", Sidharth asked after a minute of silence which looked awkward to him. He is here to talk and this girl, She is quiet.

"No. Just want to say I can't marry till my sister marrieds someone. Can you marry her?", Shehnaaz asked

"No, I don't think so she is one for me. I don't want to waste my time on someone whom I didn't like at first sight. She will get someone else, my family is searching alliance for me for a long period so I want to marry someone whom I like. Someone of my choice ", Sidharth told

"But you don't even know me then how can you say you like me?", Shehnaaz asked and raised her eyebrow

"Arranged marriages are like this isn't it?", Sidharth asked

"Yes then why don't you try with my sister ", Shehnaaz said

"It is my wish. It is a yes from my side. Tell me it is yes from your side or not? I will see other alliance then", asked Sidharth

"Whatever family decides ", Shehnaaz said and they both walked toward family members, there they asked about their decision to which Sidharth said yes

"I already said but it is yes for Shehnaaz", Sidharth said eying Shehnaaz.

"And you Shehnaaz?", asked Rita, Shehnaaz looked toward her parents as she can't keep her choice because they are always scared for their marriage. They don't want her to marry someone because for then she is a little child

"Depends upon my family members", Shehnaaz said and turned toward her father

"Tell me dad what should I say?", asked Shehnaaz

"Then even we are happy because we know Sidharth very well", her father said and caressed Shehnaaz's cheeks. They have always pampered Shehnaaz like a baby so they don't want someone to hurt their doll.

When Sidharth's family left Sohana threw cushions on the ground angrily and hit her foot on the table

"See mom she always tries to snatch my alliances ", said Sohana angrily. Shehnaaz shooked her head and told it was not intentional

"No di. He selected me not me", Shehnaaz said

"Why?", asked Sohana

"That I don't know ", said Shehnaaz and hugged her sister and started to cry. By hearing Shehnaaz's cry Sohana's heart melted and her anger flew away. She caressed Shehnaaz's hair softly and tried calming her sister. She realised that she overreacted when Shehnaaz was not at any fault.

"I will say a no then", Shehnaaz said

"No... He selected you so don't ruin your life because of me. I know him, he is a very nice guy ", Sohana said and kissed Shehnaaz's cheeks.

"Sachi?", Shehnaaz asked

"Yup. Don't let him go. He will keep you happy. His character is very nice and he doesn't have any bad habits. He will keep you happy ", said Sohana and caressed Shehnaaz's cheeks softly. Sidharth was her crush, she knew him before through family relations and college but never approached him. Now her heart broke when Sidharth selected Shehnaaz over him but from a part of her heart, she is happy that her baby sister will get a nice home and husband.
_______

Sidharth and his family came back home and asked him why he rejected Sohana to which he replied

"I don't like her. She is not a good girl. Her sister is far better than her", Sidharth told his parents, they didn't question him back because they know and trust Sidharth. If he is saying something then there must be a strong reason.

From that day Sidharth started making a bond with Shehnaaz's family and started to talk with Shehnaaz. They used to talk very less as Shehnaaz used to see his message very late and replies were also late which irritated Sidharth but he could not do anything.

A week passed, and then Sidharth's family visited Shehnaaz's home again which shocked them. Shehnaaz hugged Sidharth's parents and asked them to sit.

"We are sorry but we have a request", said Rita which made Shehnaaz nervous, she thought they are here to cancel this marriage. She doesn't know why but she doesn't want them to cancel this marriage.

"What? Do you want to cancel this marriage?", asked Shehnaaz in a low voice

"No... Sidharth is going to the USA next month so can Sidharth and Shehnaaz marry this month? We are ok with court marriage as well", asked Rita from Shehnaaz's father and patted Shehnaaz's cheeks as she sensed Shehnaaz was tensed thinking about rejection.

This reply shocked her more than the rejection of marriage as it is too early for marriage, Just a week. How can she decide everything in a week? How can they guarantee she will be happy?

"What world will think?", asked Shehnaaz's mother thinking about her daughter's reputation.

"We will take her after marriage only and she will be safe", said Rita

" We will think of it because sending our daughter out with you all is itself a risk and we can't take it. Especially with Sidharth alone ", said Shehnaaz's father and asked Shehnaaz to go. He was deciding that he should let Shehnaaz and Sidharth marry first and then send her USA once her visa is made.

Till that time he wants her to stay in India with his family to guess how they will treat her? He decided that he will not tell Shehnaaz anything. He can't send his daughter out of India like this so it is needed.
_____________