Through Me

Everyone went down to the cafe, talking with each other. Lucas was dressed in black jeans and a white button up, the top three undone. The top was sheer, easily showing his body with light behind him or in front.

Jaylen wore a warm shirt with blue jeans, jeans that hugged his body. Lucas sat next to Jaylen, making sure he was okay.

Everyone started filling their plates with pancakes, waffles, eggs, and bacon, Lucas getting a few things for Jaylen. He put the plate in front of him, sitting down after getting his own plate.

Jaylen tugged on his shirt under the table, Lucas looking at him. "I don't like eggs..." He mumbled, Lucas quickly taking them off his plate. He started to eat, Ray staring at him.

"Ray, Ray!" Jake yelled, Ray looking at him. "Dude? Why you staring at Jaylen?"

Everyone stopped talking, Ray looking at them. He shook his head. "Nothing...I was just zoned out..." He looked down, eating.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of, Ray. Just tell them you like our bunny boy." Lucas said, Ray quickly looking up. "I see how you stare at him in the halls, looking him up and down as he walks."

Ray turned red, some people snickering. "N-no...no it's not true! Why would I like Jaylen? That's ridiculous." Ray shoved the table, juice spilling on Jaylen. He stood up, arms slightly raised. "Jay I'm so sorry, I'll get you some napkins."

"I can get them myself," Jaylen walked away to get his own, Ray rushing to grab his arm. "Let go of me,"

Ray let go, Lucas walking over. Jaylen tried cleaning up, students still watching. Lucas got down on a knee, helping him remove his shirt, Jaylen covering his nipples.

Lucas smiled at how he was so shy of his piercings, standing up. He took his shirt off, handing it to Jaylen. "Go change your pants,"

"It's okay, I'm not cold."

"Your ears are flopping, you're cold." Jaylen huffed, leaving to go change. Lucas sat at the table, people leaning to him.

"So, what spell does he have you under?"

"What are you talking about?" Lucas asked, confused on what they meant by spell.

"The smiling, the giving him your shirt? Obviously he did something to you, wolves aren't supposed to help bunnies." "Yea, you're supposed to be mean." They said, everyone asking him questions.

"This isn't a movie, there's no spells. He's my roommate so i'm just nice to him, and not all wolves are mean." Lucas said, Stacy humming.

"Mhm, that's what they all say." Just then the door flew open, everyone looking. Lucas' parents stood in the doorway, his dad holding Jaylen's ears. "Who are they? Hey! Put Jaylen down!"

"They're my parents..." Kasmin and Lucas said. Lucas walked to them, his mom slapping him.

"How dare you disobey us! Dating prey! Wasting a precious meal on love!" She yelled at him, his dad holding Jaylen up in the air. "You're so naive, we trained you for years Lucas. Don't just throw that all away..."

"I'm not going to eat my boyfriend..." His father threw Jaylen into a wall, his head bleeding.

"Maybe not...but they will..." Every predator looked at Jaylen, charging at him. Lucas thought quickly, transforming, covering Jaylen with his body.

Everyone clawed and bit at him, Lucas never moving. He screamed in agony, feeling them tear and bite chunks into his flesh. It went on for what felt like forever, the principal of their school stepping in.

She got them off Lucas, looking at his mauled body. He laid limp on Jaylen's body, Jaylen trying to get up. "Lucas...Lucas!" Jaylen screamed, smacking his face. "Wake up baby...please...open your eyes..."

Lucas opened his eyes slowly, breathing heavy. "J-jay..." He held his hand, smiling softly.

"You're okay..." He cried, looking at Lucas' parents. "You let them maul him! Your only son and you let them maul him! He wanted you to be happy for him and accept him and you couldn't even do that!" Jaylen cried harder, Kasmin hugging him.

People checked on Lucas, getting him up. He looked at his parents, barely able to speak. "You always told me to protect what I love...and I did... I love Jaylen...and nothing you say will stop me... I will protect him until my heart stops beating...I love him..."

Kasmin and Ray helped him into a chair, cutting his shirt off. Jaylen helped, everyone watching. "So, they're dating?" A few students asked, Ray nodding. Lucas hugged Jaylen's waist, his head against his shoulder. Jaylen rubbed his head, watching Kasmin bandage him up. "Since when?"

"We don't know, they won't tell us anything. They just...love..." Ray said, Lucas wiping Jaylen's eyes while tears rolled down his face.

"You don't need to cry." Lucas told him, Jaylen kissing him. He held his hand that pressed against his cheek, continuing to cry. "Baby..."

Jaylen left the cafe to cry alone, Lucas trying to get up but he couldn't. Ray went instead, seeing Jaylen in the lobby. "Jay...I know it's hard but he's a wolf. His parents are old fashioned," Jaylen looked at Ray, Ray holding his hand. "He's not for you, Jay." The students and teachers spied on them, listening in.

"And who is? You?" Jaylen scoffed, snatching his hand away. I'm not interested, and stop calling me Jay." They continued walking, Ray doing the most talking.

"I'm not directly saying i'm for you but I can see it. Lucas is a wolf, I'm a gentle tiger. Cats and bunnies go better than mutts and bunnies. Don't you think? You can't even go in the water with him because he'll smell like wet dog, it's gross."

Jaylen threw Ray into a chair, grabbing his shirt collar with both hands. "Keep Lucas' name out of your mouth...you didn't give a fuck about me the two years we've been in college together! You treated me like I wasn't even a fucking person! I was nothing but a doormat to you and the rest of your dick riding friends! You're all the fakest pieces of shit Ive ever met but the second someone cares enough to show me basic human decency you care?! Go fuck yourself, Ray." He shoved him back in the chair, going to his room.

Ray sat in the chair, his friends rushing over. "Dude, no way you're gonna let that bunny talk to you like that." "You gotta do something about him." "Yea, Jaylen is prey and prey needs to be put into prey's place."

"We're not hurting him...he's right... I didn't care about him until someone else did... I'm undeserving of his attention,"

Chris rubbed his neck, chuckling. "What about me though...?" They looked at him. "Jaylen's really cool and nice and he's talked to me since my first day. We're fairly close, I'm sure he'll date me."