5; Drunken Apology

I stare at myself in the mirror, admiring my looks

I stare at myself in the mirror, admiring my looks. I washed the pink out of my hair last minute as to give myself a more elegant look for tonight. I twirl around in my dress one good time, giggling at my own childishness. It's only now that the velvet box on my dresser is catching my attention. How the hell did that get there? When I open it, I feel myself freeze. Inside are a beautiful pair of sapphire earrings in some sort of golden cage. Beside the box is a note. For a beautiful lady, it reads. My mind flashes to Kol but my denial gets the better than that. I only talked to him once. He wouldn't get me earrings. Maybe dad heard of the party and sent me a gift. I've always been able to tell he still loves us. He just has a funny way of showing it.

 He just has a funny way of showing it

I put on the earrings a smirk at myself in the mirror

I put on the earrings a smirk at myself in the mirror. I'm gonna be one of the hottest things there. I grab my sheer shawl and walk downstairs. Bonnie glances up at me with a smile. "You look beautiful," she smiles. "Thanks Bonnie," I smile. "Well, I'm gonna get going," I sigh. As I make my way out of the house, I peek my head into the house. "Oh, and can you text daddy a thank you for the earrings?" Before she can say yes, I close the door and leave.

I park my car in front of the Mikealson manner and huff under my breath in pure nervousness. Pulling my shawl closer around my body, I make my grand entrance. I gasp in awe of the beautiful decorations that are thoughtfully arranged around the Mikealson Manner. Damon walks over to me with his normal smirk. "You clean up nice Little Tiger," he compliments. "Ok, what is with that ridiculous nickname and where is the old Damon Salvatore," I ask with crossed arms. "Just calling it as it is," he shrugs. "How about we go get a drink," he says, reaching his arm out to me. "Sounds good," I smile, hooking our arms. Damon Salvatore may not be that bad after all. We walk over to the champagne tower and Damon gets us both a glass. "I didn't expect to see you here," he says, taking a sip of his drink. "Not usually my type of scene but, I figured why not," I shrug. "Well, you look hot, that's for sure but the real test is if you can dance the part," he smirks. "Is that a challenge?" I question with a raised brow. He's about to say something else when something catches the corner of his eye. He stares at the entrance with a mesmerized look. Turning to see what he's staring at, I see a gorgeous Elena enter the building. Finally connecting the dots, I look up at Damon. "Go get her player," I smile, gently bumping his shoulder. He nods with a smirk before walking off. "Playing wingman tonight," a familiar, gorgeous British accent says from behind me. I spin around to see Kol in a black tuxedo. "Wing woman and I guess so," I chuckle. He looks me up and down before smiling. "You look stunning tonight Darling," he smirks. A smirk that does the unexplainable to me. "You don't look too bad yourself Mr. Mikealson," I smile. "Kol," Elijah's voice calls, not too far away. Kol rolls his eyes before turning to his brother. "I'll be back shortly, wait," he smiles. A gleaming Caroline makes her way over to me.  "You look amazing! It's even better than the ones I picked out for you," she says. I stare at her in confusion. "Wait, you didn't pick this out?" I ask. "No, why?" She ask, a little worried. "Someone threw this over my dressing room door," I say, causing her to smirk. "Maybe you have a secret admirer who wanted to see you in that dress tonight," she smirks. "No, I just got here yesterday," I say in denial. "Really, cause Mr. Hazel eyes has been looking you up and down since you first arrived," she smirks, walking off into the crowd. Did Kol really pick this dress. My thoughts are interrupted by a glass clinking. The room goes silent as we all look up to the stairwell to see the entire Mikealson family plus a woman standing there. Elijah begins to make this grand toast about his family getting back together. Once the room makes a toast, Kol makes his way to me. "Now that that's over, would the pretty lady before me agree to a dance?" He smirks.  "She would," I smile back. Kol grabs my hand and leads me to the dance floor with the rest of the room.  When the waltz music starts to play, he pulls me in close, and we dance. Every spin and twirl feels like magic. And when he pulls me in close, it feels like pure  magic. When the song ends, he leads me to the balcony. "You're a real smooth guy, Mr. Mikealson," I chuckle, gazing at the view of the stars. "I do my best," he chuckles walking over, standing beside me.  Self consciously, I begin twirling a small leaf in the air with my magic. It's as if it's dancing along to the music inside. "I have a question for you?" He sighs, standing beside me. "And what would that be?" I ask a little worried. "While Nik had me in that blasted coffin, I had a vision of you. You were standing over my coffin trying to unlock my mothers coffin. Was that a simple dream?" He ask, a little hopeful. "You must be talking about two days ago. Yeah, that was me. I was hoping I could channel you and your siblings to unlock the damn thing but, something went wrong," I sigh. "The witches in the house. I was making it easier for you to channel my magic through my conscience but, the witches of that house didn't like that," he tells me. I nod to show him I understand, dropping the leaf. "I need you help Madelyn," he sighs, spinning around to me in all seriousness. I could tell by that spell that you are a very powerful witch. I need  a spell," he says. I feel enraged. "Is that the only reason you did all of this? For a spell!" I snap. "You sly fox!" I hiss, walking off before he can say another word. Madelyn," he calls, trying to catch me but, I make sure to blend in with the crowd. I hop into the car and drive off. I can't believe it. The one time I chose to fall for someone, they only want to use me. I drive out of town. To a bar not too far from Mystic Falls. I remember passing it when I was coming before. I walk into the bar and plop down on a stool. "Two shots of whiskey," I order. The bartender looks at me with a raised brow and I slam my fake id on the table. He glances over it before turning around and grabbing what I ordered.

An hour later, I'm still here drinking my life away. I raise my hand to signal another drink when someone grabs my arm. I look back to see Kol and roll my eyes. What do you want?' I slur. "I want to talk but, not until your sober. Let's go," he sighs. "Not a chance, now go before I make you," I threaten. My threat causes Kol to chuckle before sitting down beside me. This action only makes me angrier. "Piss off, before I fry your brain," I seethe.  "Y'know, I really hate you," I say, causing his smile to fade. "The one time I choose to let someone in, they turn out to be a liar. You know, I was really starting to like you. Care said something about some stupid fsantasy when you bought me this dress," I scoff, downing the whiskey that the bartender just placed down before me. "That wasn't a fantasy, Darling," he smiles, downing the other glass. "Then why'd you do it. Why'd you use me?" I ask, tears threatening to fall from my eyes. "Who said I wanted to hurt you. You left so quick before I could explain. I was going to ask you to help me perform a spell as your friend," he smiles. "Really?" I ask in a childish manner.  "Maybe even more," he smiles. This causes me to shake my head profoundly. "Uh uh, I don't do love. It just ends up with me in tears anyways," I say. "Fine, friends?" He ask. I nod silently as I feel the dizziness takes over. "I should get going," I mumble, standing up. The moment my feet hit the ground, I feel dizziness take over. My vision starts to fade and the ceiling begins to fade farther and farther away.