Chapter 4: Discovery

The gurgling of the lava was the only sound that could be heard as two men stared at each other - one shocked, one curious, both awfully confused.

"Wha...did you just say?!" Quackity broke the silence first.

"Um...who are you?" Questioned Delusion, who was now even more confused as to why the other man was so stupefied. Perhaps he's a little dim, he thought, nodding in his mind.

Quackity, who was in fact a bit daft for ignoring Dream's change in appearance quickly decided that this was a trick and snorted. "Ha, so you think you're so wise, huh? Well guess what, that trick doesn't work on me! No need to play dumb and pretend you have amnesia. I know that you know who I am, don't you?"

Quackity began to step forward, attempting to threaten Dream to give in and realize that this wasn't going to fly. But, of course, things would go contrary to what he had imagined. 

"Um, no actually. I don't know you. So can you tell me who you are?" Answered Delusion, thinking that perhaps his name would be better suited for the man across from him. "Oh, and can you tell me where I am? Since it seems like you came from beyond that wall of lava."

Now this had Quackity stupefied, since it really does seem like Dream no longer remembers him, seeing how the normal Dream wouldn't have spoken that way or ask for his location, which would have been evident just by looking at the state of the cell.

So Quackity decided to retreat for now and talk about this with Sam. Perhaps he might have an idea as to how they should proceed and figure something out later.

"SAM! Bring the bridge over! There's something we need to talk about." Shouted Quackity.

Sam? Dream thought, thinking about his friend whom started the SMP with him. Is Sam here too?

"Alright. Lava lowering now." Answered a deep voice from outside the lava.

Sam!

"Sam! Hey Sam, is that you? It's me, Delusion! Are you in a box too or are you free? Also, what is this place?" Delusion shouted, glad to finally hear the voice of someone he knew.

Now this shocked both Quackity and Sam. Why did he call himself Delusion? And he remembers Sam? 

What is going on?

• • •

Sam and Quackity were currently in a verbal stalemate over, of course, Dream. 

Ah, perhaps it would be better to call him Delusion since that's how he referred to himself?

"But what I don't understand is why the sudden amnesia?" Asked Sam. "Did you do something to him last time?" 

"Not anything that would turn him into a clueless idiot, at least." 

"But he didn't have any visitors after you, so it has to be something you did. Unless..." Sam paused.

"Unless what?"

"He did it himself."

"What?" Quackity had a sneaking suspicion on what Sam was trying to say, but it was absolutely absurd! Surly, he wouldn't...

"Remember that message about Dream trying to swim in lava? Maybe it wasn't just a façade, maybe he really did try to swim in lava?!"

"...W-what are you suggesting?"

"That he SUICIDED! That he went into the lava by himself and killed himself! Oh no..." Suddenly, Sam wasn't so calm anymore. 

"W-what is it?" Quackity was scared to hear what he had to say.