Chapter 10 - Saturday (part 2)

They parked in the back as Natasha suggested. The front was packed with journalists, cameras flashing and even some reporters live streaming to their channel.

"I don't like this." Jenny said in a shaken voice.

"Me neither." Kyle whispered, unsettled too.

Natasha turned around, seeing Jenny fidgeting and Kyle staring out the window.

"I'll pick Jenny up, alright? You take Kyle by the hand, we'll be quick. Nobody is back here and the car that was following us got stopped."

Maria nodded, still trying to get her iron nerves back.

They got out and quickly did what Natasha said. The redhead opened the back door and picked Jenny up, whom hid her face in the crock of her neck and put her arms around her shoulders. Maria helped Kyle get out and he took the hand she offered him, staying close to her. She let go to hug him across the shoulders with one arm and keep him closer to herself in a protective way.

They were quick, but not quick enough.

They were almost inside when Maria saw a flash out of the corner of her eye. They didn't pause, they got inside and exchanged a look. There was nothing they could do, not with the kids looking, not if they didn't want to set a very bad example on what strong manners should be used for.

"Come on." Maria said in a low voice. "A pretty big lunch is waiting for us, kids. Hurry up." She faked a smile, trying to calm them and led them to the main room.

They headed straight for her family, whom were chatting with each other in hushed whispers when they got there.

Jenny and Kyle ran to their parents as soon as they saw them.

"Is this true? You and Bruce Banner?" Sara asked as soon as they were within ear shot.

"Of course it's not true." Natasha answered as they were nearing them.

"But those agents at the wedding said the same thing and it's all over the news, he was in your apartment." Elena pointed out, after she hugged each of her kids after they reached her.

"Just because he thinks there's- Maria!"

Natasha started to explain, but Maria didn't care. She didn't pause. As soon as she was close enough, she grabbed her brother by the hem of his blazer. She just stared at him, less than five inches from his face, a stern look on hers. Everyone but Natasha was paralyzed.

"You finally got what you wanted." she hissed. "I told you if you brought her in this, you were going to get a reaction out of me, but also a broken jaw to go along with that and if you thought I was kidding, think again." Her eyes were cold and her expression hard.

He grabbed her wrists, but she didn't even flinch when he tried to pull. Everybody kept staring at them, not knowing what to do.

"You do realize that by being an asshole and ignoring our request to keep Natasha's identity anonymous, you haven't only screwed me over and caused her a hell of a mess to deal with, you've also almost fucked Sara's wedding up." Her voice was just above a whisper, but nobody missed what she said. "I forgave you for a lot, Rob." Her voice almost cracked at the end. "I forgave you for sleeping with Karen, I ignored your homophobic bullshit, I never gave in to you competitive attitude. But this-" She shook her head, her expression hard. "I will never forgive you for taking this away from me."

"Maria." Elena calmly said her name. "This is a reaction I would have had, so for you it's like overreacting by three-thousand."

"What do you mean, taking this away from you?" Sara wondered. "Natasha just said this thing with Banner isn't true."