Chapter 4

P.O.V. Alice

My relationship with Ivarsen just has been perfect, he understands my routine of working almost every night, as I understand his routine of working at almost every moment, since he is starting a company with his cousins. I still don't know what they work, knowing them? It will be another castle in their family's dynasty.

I just got home from one more successful night at the restaurant, it's almost 2 AM and I'm taking a bath with relaxing warm water, listening to Chace Atlantic when the music stops, being replaced by the sound that indicates that someone is calling me, I take my phone, being careful not to drop it in the water, picking it up.

"Alice King speaking"

"Why so formal, my love?" I heard Ivar saying, I could feel that he was smiling, even through the phone.

"I didn't look to see who it was" I hear him laughing "Why are you awake? Is everything okay?"

"I was solving something with Athos, we'll have a meeting at 9 AM" he was quiet for some seconds "And yes, everything is fine, just needed to hear your voice"

The only thing I could do was smile, this boy makes me feel so good, safe, and loved

"I love you baby, but you should be sleeping." I said already, getting out of the tub and taking my towel, drying, and getting into my closet to get Ivar's black t-shirt and some underwear.

"Do you want to stay on call till you sleep?" I ask him, already knowing his answer.

"Of course, I want, let me just take a shower, I'll be right back" he was out for some time and while he was out, I was doing my skincare routine and brushing my teeth. I was already under my blanket when he came back "Goodnight, princess"

"Goodnight, love" he always slept first when we were on call and wouldn't take me so long to fall asleep as well.

( ... )

P.O.V Ivarsen

At 8 AM the alarm rang, and I told my echo dot to shut up, take a quick shower, put on a black suit with a white shirt and no tie. I take my phone off the charger, hopefully Alice is still sleeping, and I don't bother her, I hang up the call and send her some texts right after, I go downstairs to make some sandwiches for me and Gunnar, he is coming to the meeting with me as well.

As I'm eating, I hear footsteps and Gunnar sits in front of me, already in his navy-blue suit, he thanks me for the sandwich and some minutes we're ready to leave the house.

We go on my black Jeep Compass and it doesn't take much time to get to the company's building garage. Athos is parking her car at the same moment as Madden and Indie, we all go to the elevator and at 9 o'clock we are at the meeting room deciding some details for the inauguration day.

"So, it is still a secret for everyone what we are doing here, except for us. "Athos smiled; a smile as devilish as Aunt Rika's

"So what are the plans to tell the horsemen that we want to make money with one of their biggest secrets?" Athos starts with the most important subject of our list, basically , after some years of knowledge and a lot of thinking I came with the idea of using the carts in the tunnels and win money with then , we already done our research and could work , we already have our legal permissions , the place is already safe enough to receive a big amount of people and being used as a new way of moving throughout Thunder Bay and Meridian .

Safer ways of going into the tunnels are already being built, thanks to Madden and thanks to Indie, Uncle Will, doesn't even suspect what we are doing. Of course, we built more trails and bought more carts, and we also closed the paths that led to our houses so only we could use, and thanks to me, the numbers are good and we're going to win a lot of money, the only problem now is telling our parents.