Hawaii x Alaska Headcanons

- Hawaii and Alaska aren't together yet. They'll get there. Of the two, Alaska is the one pining and Hawaii is the one waiting for him to work up the courage to actually ask her out.

- They met around the time they became states. This was also the time when state meetings required you to be there more often since you couldn't just be informed of what you missed through an email or text, so states had to physically interact with each other a lot more. They would usually sit in the corner, not talk during the meeting and spend it making fun of the others.

- They really started to hit it off when the internet and skype and cellphones became more available so they could talk more.

- Alaska has never been to Hawaii, because he is respectful of Hawaii's wishes.

- But Hawaii has been to Alaska! She's been a few times now, although the first time she came was dumb. She came right before winter because she didn't want him to be so alone (this was before the Statehouse) and for the weeks that she was there she STRUGGLED with the cold. Sure Hawaii has snowy mountains but those are MOUNTAINS that she doesn't spend a lot of time on! She's not used to this much cold!

- He showed her the Northern Lights while she was there, which was a spectacular experience. She told him that he showed her something she's never seen in her thousand+ years of life. If Alaska weren't a coward he would have kissed her in that moment.

- Alaska's dogs adore Hawaii. Alaska is sweet with them, but Hawaii spoils them. 

- Alaska made Hawaii a big warm fur coat while she was there, since she was complaining about the cold so much. It was extremely soft and she still has it.

- While she was up there she made him lots of treats and food that he usually doesn't eat. Alaska is honest when he doesn't like something and he honestly liked everything she fed him.

- The two love to talk to each other about their indigenous cultures and educate each other. Alaska has actually taken Hawaii to meet some of the indigenous communities he knows. They also teach each other the languages they know. Alaska teaches Hawaii some Russian and Inuit languages and Hawaii teaches him Hawaiian.

- They frequently send each other gifts in the mail. Alaska usually sends Hawaii dumb Alaska souvenirs, wood carvings he's made, and Inuit products he thought she might enjoy. Hawaii usually sends him crafts she's made, stuffed animals, and dumb tourist souvenirs.

- Hawaii is 5'3'' and Alaska is a monstrous 6'10'', so it's hilarious to see them standing next to each other.

- They don't video chat daily but they usually text. Hawaii likes to send pictures of everything and cute cat memes.

- If Alaska asked Hawaii probably would let him come over. She knows him well enough to know he would be very respectful of her islands.

- Alaska hasn't confessed yet because he thinks that Hawaii can do better, especially since she's so much older than him. Hawaii is not oblivious to her or Alaska's feelings, but she wants Alaska to start the relationship on his own terms since she can see his insecurities, and while she tries to help him with those she knows he needs to be in a better place mentally to be in a relationship with her.