intro.

DON'T PROMISE TOLIVE FOREVER

DON'T PROMISE TO
LIVE FOREVER. PROMISE TO FOREVER LIVE WHILE
YOU'RE ALIVE.
- atticus

⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅

⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅

     ALL OF HAWKINS knew who the Musso's were. Or, at least, that's what Jude Musso was convinced of since their family name never left their mouths. The oldest, River, was considered the most normal as he was left to care for his younger siblings, twins Jude and Phoenix, after their dad bailed two days after River's 21st birthday. The middle child and older twin, Jude, was the oddest of them all, always stuck in his head or stirring up trouble no matter the cost. The baby, Phoenix, was almost as odd as Jude, but she was a straight A student and on her way to making the cheer team in hopes of proving herself worthy. But, it was hard for all of them to fit in when all Hawkins saw was Carter Musso when they looked at Jude and his siblings.

It seemed that Carter Musso could no longer live with the shame of ruining his band's chance to make it big. Hawkins could have been a place that people wanted to visit if rock legends originated from there. Yet, he destroyed that dream when his drinking caused a car crash. It was a miracle no one had died or been injured too badly, but it was even more shocking that he'd only spent a week in jail. A talent scout who'd been making plans for Carter and his band to relocate to New York to start playing at larger arenas was taken away and any hope he and his band mates had were completely shattered. If that wasn't the worst of it, everyone looked at Carter like a pest———something that should be squashed but no one wanted to get close enough. River hoped his father would bring himself out of the hole he'd fallen in after the accident, but that went away when he woke up to their father gone. In his wake, there was a note on the table that said he couldn't stay in Hawkins anymore and that River was in charge of Jude and Phoenix. But hey, at least he had the decency to leave them thirty-two dollars.