chapter 12

Edit: 10/13/2024
So basically like yknow the chapter 14 yeah. Like that was yknow, a day later which was at night. Spoilers btw, sorry.

Garu pov

Finally, I was back in front of him after what felt like hours of running away from Pucca's relentless advances.

As I approached, I noticed Ari sitting outside, patiently waiting for me. **Looks like she has been waiting for me to cook dinner,** I thought with a hint of amusement. I called out to her, and she looked up, her face lighting up with a smile. To my surprise, she waved, her demeanor radiating warmth despite the earlier chaos.

I waved back, feeling a sense of relief wash over me. As I got closer to my apartment, Ari stood up and walked over to me, her expression shifting from joy to something more intense. Suddenly, she slapped my back hard enough to send a jolt through me. **"YOU BASTARD, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?"**

Her calm voice betrayed the fury simmering beneath the surface. **"I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU, AND YOU DIDN'T HELP US CLEAN!"**

I winced, caught off guard by her sudden outburst. **"Look, I'm sorry. Pucca keeps—"****"No excuses!"** she interrupted, her eyes narrowing as anger flashed across her face. Feeling the weight of my guilt, I sighed, **"I'm sorry. I'll cook some dinner for you, okay?"** Ari's expression softened slightly as she pouted, nodding slowly as if contemplating my words. With that, I unlocked the door, and we stepped inside the familiar confines of my apartment. But then, just as I was about to settle in, I heard rustling in the bushes outside. There were two figures whispering, their voices barely audible.

**"Garu? Is there something wrong?"** Ari's voice pulled me back to reality, concern lacing her tone. **"No, there's nothing wrong,"** I replied, though a nagging feeling gnawed at the back of my mind. Maybe it was just a small animal, or perhaps it was my thoughts playing tricks on me. I shook off the unease and began to make dinner, determined to focus on the task at hand and the company that mattered most in that moment.

Hola
I hope you like the chapter
And I'll see you in my next chapter
See ya~