Bad feeling

Our first kiss

"I'm terrified of getting on top of that thing..." Tejasswi said nervously.

Karan smiled reassuringly and reached out his hand for her to take. "Trust me laddoo."

She raised her eyebrow. "So easy to say, so easy not to believe you Sunny..."

"You are safe with me." Everything in him oozed security and trust.

Still, she was shaking when she took his hand. "Leap of faith here Sunny..." she whimpered before climbing the motorcycle.

"I'll cherish it," he replied sweetly.

She laced her arms hesitantly around him and he imagined she had her eyes fiercely closed as he slowly started his Ducati and took them away.

"Are you all right?" he asked as he slowly got them out of the heavy traffic on the main avenues.

Tejasswi groaned with her head buried in his back. "Sure."

Karan laughed understanding how awkward the first ride for someone who wasn't used to being on a motorcycle could be and that's why he didn't make the journey long.

There was a beach nearby and he slowly took them there, as the minutes went by Tejasswi relaxed and he felt her tight hold around him loosen up, she was a good passenger because she would move when he did and her weight became weightless as he easily maneuvered among the cars.

When they crossed the bridge it was as if she had been doing this forever and her hands weren't locked together as they reached the beach, she was holding tight to him but resting her palms on his chest.

For a minute Karan suspected that she was just bluntly feeling him and his chest.

He pulled over the boardwalk and expected her to get out of the bike fast but instead she took her time removing her hands from where they were resting.

When she did move, her warmth wasn't against his body anymore and Karan didn't like it.

As he joined her on foot he noticed that Tejasswi was looking at him with a strange expression.

"You are good at driving that thing... I was so scared that you would be all reckless and yet... I felt safe."

Karan put his keys away inside his leather jacket. "I have been doing this for a very long time sweety." She smiled just the way he loved, so sweet and powerful simultaneously.

"Why the bike?" she asked him intrigued.

They started walking down the boardwalk, there weren't many people around and the afternoon was ending, sunset was about to set in and they quietly came closer to the ocean.

"My father didn't grant us much freedom, he kept us all under close surveillance and I felt enclosed like he was dictating the amount of air that I was allowed to breathe at some point. I've always confided in Prince so he knew how I felt and when I turned 18 he gave me a motorcycle for my birthday."

Tejasswi nodded. "It was an escape."

Karan was nostalgic, remembering his favorite brother. "I never felt such freedom as I did that first day racing down a dirt road with Prince trembling in the distance, worried that I would just fall and open my skull because of his gift."

Tejasswi burst into laughter. "I bet that he wanted to take back the bike."

"He did but it was too late, I was set for life. My love for stronger, faster ones grew and it became my exit. After some intense and long fights with my father, I would just... disappear into my world. Racing down a road at night was the best feeling in the world and he couldn't reach me there with his words and his constant reminder of how disappointed he was in me. How I was never good enough to please his expectations."