Meeting the pack

"So you are Arnav and you are Neil and you met Karan during recruitment days." Tejasswi pointed at the siblings amused that they looked so different although they were closely related to one another.

Arnav nodded with an eye on a beautiful girl with spiked hair who was at another table with her friends.

Neil leaned over the table. "Right on the first day of recruitment, there was this idiot who decided to start a fight with Arnav, of course, I got in the middle of it and the three of us ended up on the bridge."

"I was the idiot." Karan arrived at the table with four beers.

Tejasswi took hers smiling hugely, she was very entertained by the story. "Why did you fight with Arnav?"

Arnav moved away from his flirt and took his beer facing Tejasswi. "I heard him speak in a funny accent and then I made fun of his woolen vest..."

"You... wore a clothing item made of wool?" she tried not to burst into laughter.

"I was young and I was freshly out of college where the business was my playground..." he shrugged.

Tejasswi laughed anyway. "I'm sorry but that's a really strange image for you." She was elated that he now favored leather jackets instead.

Karan had his beer quietly.

"But how did you become best friends after that?" she asked excited to know more.

"We got drunk right after we were released and after a few loose punches it became obvious that we were too much alike to be enemies." Neil touched Karan's beer with his.

"If you ask me, they are just in love with each other and refuse to make it official." Arnav teased from his seat.

Tejasswi laughed looking at Karan who rolled his eyes at Arnav.

"Karan told me that you are an actor," Neil said loudly as another song came from the live band playing tonight.

"An amateur one." Tejasswi corrected him.

"I watch your show by the way," Arnav said quickly.

Everyone gave him a surprised look.

He opened his hands. "There is a steamy fight scene in the jungle."

"Ugh, does anyone see the show for the plot or the main character?" she asked in angst.

"Well, Pratha Gujral is a very attractive character. I see her as the army version of Lara Croft." Karan easily stretched his arm behind her on the booth.

Tejasswi dipped her head to the side and gave him a warm smile. "You did watch the show after all."

"Shanaya watched your show, turns out that she was a huge fan and she was most distraught when she realized that you were at the house and that she didn't know who you were."

Tejasswi touched her warm cheeks. "You are all making me flustered."

"You just need another cold beer." Arnav stood up to get them a refill but stopped by the girls' table on the way to the bar.

"My brother, the family gigolo." Neil sighed.
"I see yours and raise with mine, Shivam is on his third girlfriend since I'm home." Karan was unhappy with the way his brother was.

"Maybe he just needs the right girl," Tejasswi said quietly from her seat.
"And the romantic actress has spoken," Neil said finishing his beer.

Tejasswi promptly replied. "I just believe that sometimes we are lost and we do all sorts of things without thinking because unintentionally we are hoping that the right person will notice us. Sometimes the mess is bigger and louder because we have no idea what that person looks like and we go through life hoping that she sees us."