A father and a husband (I)

Neil took the journal from under his pillow, he looked around making sure that he had everything and saluted Prince who just entered the barracks.

Prince returned the mandatory salute but waited until he was alone with Karan to speak, his brother was just placing the beloved picture of Tejasswi and the baby away inside his leather jacket. "It won't be long now Karan, soon you will have them by your side."

Karan smiled and Prince truly felt relief in his ways, he accepted the files that Karan handed him.

"I finished all the reports and I've added the detailed transcription of the conversation I heard when I was being held."

Prince smiled. "All of that expensive education that we've provided you with has paid off in the end."

Karan was a bit surprised. "Do I sense some reminiscent moment approaching Prince?"

The elder man dropped the files on the rack. "We wouldn't have been successful on this mission if it wasn't for you Karan. Your team was responsible for ending the most feared terrorist cell in this territory and annihilating another threat. The prisoner broke and we've uncovered the hiding place of important names that are listed daily on all of the agencies that have spent the morning congratulating me for being related to you."

"What's with the feelings exposure Prince? We both know that I won't be on leave long, I will be called back as soon as I get used to sleeping throughout an entire night." Karan laughed while picking up his bag.

"Your abilities and your unique approach to missions have been the object of attention from higher ranks even before yesterday occurred."

Karan grew serious. "Am I finally getting promoted?"

Prince smiled but it was a sad smile that graced his lips this time. "You will get a visit very soon and it will be up to you the final decision, although I must confess that I will miss having you around me you now have another family and I suppose it's time that I stop being selfish and let Tejasswi and little Kiara enjoy your brooding ways for a while."

"Can you try to be a little more cryptic Prince? I'm having a hard time as it is." Karan frowned absolutely puzzled by Prince's words.

"CID is looking for a new team and I deem that you will find their proposition appealing."

"What about the rest of them?" Karan nodded outside where the Wolves were waiting for him.

"I said that the proposition would be alluring, did I not?" Prince smiled resting a hand on Karan's shoulder.

Karan thoughtfully took it all in silently.

"It's your chance to do what you care for without being forced to be away from home and I for one couldn't be more proud that they want you."

"You will find your way to become my Director because you will miss the insolent mood around here," Karan smirked.

"Keep an eye on the horizon." Prince laughed.

Karan knew that the conversation wasn't moving from this, neither of them enjoyed gushing out feelings so he saluted his superior officer.

Prince rolled his eyes and hauled his younger brother into a tight hug, he placed his hand on the back of Karan's head with affection.

Karan answered the hug with a tease. "Try not to get into trouble while I'm away."

"Mind you that I am the older soldier here." Prince laughed at the same time that he released his brother.

"Older and old... it's possible that you don't recall how to assemble a piece any longer."

"I can still do it in minus 20 seconds," Prince replied smugly.