Waking up to Hell

Persphone opened her eyes sluggishly. She looked over at her alarm clock. It was 7 AM? She closed her eyes fkr barely a few seconds when the intercom rang. Than usually meant that JARVIS was about to tell her something. She barely pulled herself up in to a seating postion when JARVIS began to speak.

"Miss Parker, the other Avengers are currently downstairs making breakfast.' JARVIS announced.

" Okay, just tell them that I will be there in a minute." She replied.

"Yes Miss Parker." JARVIS replied. The robotic voice shut off. Persphone got up and went over to her closet, picking out a simple, yet elegant outfit. Dark jeans, light blue tee shirt and a pair of boots. She rustled all of it on quickly,humming, and rushed down to the kitchen. She was greeted by several smiling faces.

"Hello Ms. Parker! How are you on this fine day?" Thor asked while munching down a pop-tart.

" I am fine, thank you Thor." Persphone replied. Perspherone picked up the glass of milk that was sitting on the counter and drank it in a few gulps, setting the now empty cup down on the counter.

"How is our new team member?" Tony asked while pouring a glass of scotch.

"Should you be drinking this early in the morning Tony?" Persphone asked.

"Why not?" Tony replied.Perspherone ans the others sighed as Bruce came into the kitchen. Bruce looked at them all, confused, then saw Tony with his glass of scotch. He rolled his eyes and walked over to Perspherone.

"Hello Perspherone!" Bruce told her, while hugging her gently.

"Good morning Dr. Banner." Persphone replied, managing to wiggle away from the Avenger's grasp. She ran over to Steve.

"So soldier, what's for breakfast?" She asked.

"Well, since this is the first morning you are here as a full-fledged Avenger, I decided to make some pancakes." Steve replied.

"Cool." Persphone replied. She turned to Clint, who was sitting at the end of the table, playing with one of his arrows. She smiled at him, and he frowned.

"How's your life been?" She asked, trying to be polite. Clint glared back.

"Shut up kid, I have a migraine." Clint replied angrily, leaving the room hastily.

"Well..... Agent Barton needs to learn how to respect a new member of the family!" Thor exclaimed, finishing off his third pack of pop-tarts.

"It's fine Thor.....Seriously, your going to eat a fourth package of those things? Do you know how bad they are for you? Especially four packages?" Persphone asked.

"But they are so delicious...." Thor replied, his mouth full of pop tarts. Perspherone sighed.

"Sometimes you just can't get through to them." She mumbled, sitting down beside Bruce.

"Breakfast is....." Steve started to announce, being interupted by the face of Nick Fury on Tony's tablet.

"What now Fury?" Tony asked. Everyone else in the room just mumbled, upset about their breakfast time being interupted so quickly.

"Avengers......we have a problem. We have picked up signatures of gamma radiation coming from a place near Stark tower." Fury replied.

"So?" Tony asked.

"The gamma radiation signatures are the same as those from the Tesserect." Fury explained.

"Oh." Tony replied "We'll be there soon." The tablet screen went black.

"Well guys......looks like we got a mission." Tony announced.

"Can I come?" Persphone asked.

"Of course kid. You're one of us now." Tony replied. All of the avengers began to leave the room, heading to get their weapons, and in Bruce's case, put on a pair of stretchy pants. He didn't want to change into the Hulk without one of those. That would certainly be an eyefull for all of New York City.

"Come on Miss Persphone." Thor told her "We have work to do." Perspherone followed Thor outside. He grabbed a hold of her waist and swung his hammer, flying off with her in hand.

  Twenty minutes later, the Avengers arrived at a scene that looked like a nuke had hit it. There was a large crater in the middle of the street, and all of the buildings around it had been obliterated. Cars were flipped on their sides, and trees had been uprooted, laying uselessly on the ground. All of the Avengers stared in shock. What could have caused so much damage?

"Well...." Persphone announced, breaking the silence "Let's go see what this is!"

"Agreed!" Thor replied. They both started to walk to the crater, while the others began to look around the obliterated buildings.

"Wait.......what if there is an alien in there? Will you two be able to handle it on your own??" Tony asked them, shouting from about 10 yards away.

"We'll be fine man of iron!" Thor replied. Thor and Persphone walked up to the crater. Persphone glared in, careful not to fall into the crater.

"Oh my god." Persphone mumbled, stumbling back quickly. Thor looked at Perspherone, confused.

"What is it?" Bruce asked, running up to Thor and Perspherone.

"T-There's.....a p-person in t-there," She replied, her voice slightly shaky.

"Not only a person Ms. Parker....." Thor replied, a sickened look on his face " My brother."