Then Perhaps He Will

Leia rolled off the broken catwalk. She quickly sprang to her feet and ran to hide behind a pillar. She needed to regroup and center herself again. She calmed her emotions and tried to mask her force signature as best she could. She could hear the Emperor's sick evil cackle and Vader's heavy footsteps approaching. "You can not hide forever Leia." Vader warned. "I will not fight you." Leia declared as she broke her silence. "Give yourself to the dark side. It is the only way you can save your friends." Vader said. Leia let out a soft gasp. Vader knew exactly how to get to her and her emotions. She had to keep calm and not think of them. Especially not a certain someone she wanted to protect most of all. "Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong." Vader said pleased with himself. Leia screwed her eyes shut trying desperately to silence her mind. "Especially for...brother. So you have a twin brother. Your feelings have now betrayed him to." Vader said with slight shock in his voice. Not only did he have a daughter but a son as well. Leia's eyes shot open. No. She had failed Luke. "Obi-Wan was wise to hide him from me. Now his failure is complete." Vader continued. Leia tried to control her breathing. She had to relax and not give in. "If you will not turn to the dark side then perhaps he will." Vader finished off. That was the trigger. The thing that set Leia off. She would never let Vader or the Emperor touch her brother. Luke was pure bright light that she wouldn't let them extinguish. Leia jumped out from her hiding spot and ignited her saber. "Never!" She shouted. She attacked Vader with furious continued blows. She repeatedly struck him so quickly he barely had time to react and block. Vader had never seen his daughter like this. Her usual calmness was replaced with pure rage. Leia pushed him back onto the walkway before the elevator. Somehow Leia managed to knock Vader to his knees. He gripped onto the railing for support as Leia continued to strike. She knocked his lightsaber to the side leaving his wrist exposed. She swung down and sliced through his arm. His weapon fell into the chasm below. It was the very same thing he'd done to her on Bespin. Vader fell back with a defeated cry. Leia stood over him holding her weapon threateningly. Vader raised his hand begging for mercy. His breathing sounded broken and wheezey. Leia caught her breath as she looked at defeated Sith Lord below her. She was only broken from her thoughts when she heard the Emperor's twisted laugh behind her.