Chapter Twenty Two.

Liam's POV
I returned to Ava after a few days. My arm was up in a sling most days and I had avoided my father like the plague, knowing that if he knew  what she had done, she would be punished and there was nothing I could do to stop him. Nothing I could do to protect her.

"Is that still giving you pain?" I heard Felix ask as I rounded a corner, ready to speak to Ava without injuring myself this time.

"Yes," I grumbled, "It's tender, still bruising."

"Are you sure she didn't dislocate it?" He asked.

When I was silent he got his answer and sighed, "You've got to keep it elevated or it won't heal properly, stop using your bloody arm!"

"Can't you just give me something to stop the pain?" I asked, hopping from foot to foot in the hallway.

"So you can fuck it up more?" He chuckled, "No."

"My dad can't see me like this?"

"Why?" He asked watching my face fall, "Stupid question, come to me later and I'll sort it out for you,"

I nodded and made my way into the cell, the card attached to a belt loop buzzing as I added it to the scanner. The card was back bouncing on my hip as I entered and I smiled as Zack greeted me at the door.

I spotted the bandage still around Ava's foot and sighed. Knowing she could heal herself annoyed me because she wouldn't. Out of all of the people here who would pray to be able to heal themselves, she refused to use it. It confused me. I understood it was draining, but sleep can wait, she has ways to avoid it, I knew that from Aesir.

"Thursday," She told me and I nodded, "The King's Head Pub by the pack, you know where, my dad will meet you at eight."

I nodded, it was the evening he wanted to meet. I looked at my calender quickly, spotting that it was close to a full moon. That meant the alpha wolf would be strong, and I just hoped that they would let me go without sustaining any injuries.

"Thank you for this," I said, sincerity filling my voice.

"Don't thank me yet," She grumbled, resting her head back on a rock, "He hasn't promised not to kill you yet,"

Well that just filled me with joy.

I laughed slightly, offering her a bar from my pocket and watching her eye it wearily. I opened it, taking a bite and swallowing before handing it back to her.

"Share it if you want," I grumbled, "But I can't have you dying, stop feeling sorry for yourself and get a grip, there is nothing you can do,"

I turned to leave hearing her scoff but the packet rattled before I had even reached the door. Leaving the room I saw the time, knowing that I had a few hours before my dad wanted to meet with me.

Felix caught me in the corridor, he had blood around his hands and quickly hid them, but it was too late and he grimaced showing them to me. He was muttering under his breath but I couldn't catch what he was saying.

I manovered him towards the kitchen, running the water and placed my hands under his shirt. Felix was so strong all the time, but it was times like this that he weaknesses were shown when he finally realised what he had done. Unlike so many other men I saw being a beta, who could practically turn of their emotions and torture people with no remorse, Felix was someone I saw being a beta because his love of people, love of doing the right thing.

With his shirt removed I helped him wash the blood from around his neck and arms. He allowed me, as I mentioned nothing of whose it was, where it came from or the scars that lined his chest.