Chapter Twenty Seven

Liam's POV.
Having a silent wolf is off putting.

They take over your body, do whatever they want but never utter a word. I had yet to shift but I could feel Lupin beginning to stir. Pushing forward, getting ready to have control of my body. Most of the people 'working' here were some type of Shifters. And during the full moon we had access to the outside world, a small taste of freedom. The areas are fenced and electrocuted during these days stopping any unwelcome escapes. Me and Lupin both knew where we were allowed and where was off limits, suffering the consequences if we didn't.

I stood in the cool night air, wearing nothing but boxers and a pissed off expression. I could hear the frustrated growls, yells and bangs from Ava and knew that she was fighting this shift for as long as she could.

A worried expression took over my face but Lupin was already pressing forward and I knew if I had to do anything I was running very quickly out of time.

It was eerie, sharing a body with someone else who wouldn't speak to you. I first shifted at four, being an old family of alphas, after the abuse started, my wolf shut down. Protecting himself from the onslaught of abuse from a member of trust. But leaving me to deal with it.

I spotted my dad's wolf stalking off into the distance. Ava was alone now. Alone with a group of human scientists!

What the hell was he thinking, putting her in an impossible decision? What was he expecting her to do? She was going to get herself killed! She would much rather die than shift in front of humans I knew that from experience.

I went to turn back towards the large building, grunting as my shoulder dislocated. My shift was starting, and in a matter of seconds I was pushed into a dream like state.

Ava's POV
My wrist snapped back into place and I breathed a long held sigh of relief. The scientists who had gotten up and excited, stepped back groaning, annoyed that I had still yet to shift though coming close to it. Counting the hours until the full moons power began to fade didn't give me the relief I wanted, instead, filled me with dread. I needed this time to be over, I was hot, pained and angry. I was not ready to be a rogue yet.

I wouldn't go down without a fight!

I began to slow down my breathing. Counting between each breath, and holding the breath for five seconds. I slowed down my heat rate, hoping that if I was able to calm my body to an almost hibernation type state I could stop the shift entirely. Of course this was risky, if I go and slow my body down too much, Aura or Lydia could easily push forward and force the shift.

I took the risk, panting as I felt my body begin to tense. The fuzzy static in my head felt like it was going to explode and as another howl filled the night sky, followed by a chorus of many others. My whole body felt as if I was on fire.

My scales were no longer cool against my skin but seeing as all my clothing was shredded around the room there was nothing I could do. The glass seemed to steam up from the hot breaths of the scientists as the crept forward to try and get me to shift.

The howls called to me. Called to my wolf. I began to pace again, growls rumbling in my stomach and through my throat.

I knew that I wouldn't be able to hold the shift much longer and the ticking of the clock was making it all worse. The noise was telling me how long I still had to fight off the shift. I time I almost didn't want to know.

My body was strong, thanks to the several meals I had been allowed today. This also meant that my animals were strong. They would be able to take the strength from me and force a shift I didn't want.

"Aura!" I yelled out loud, causing the humans to flinch back, "What are you doing?"

"Like our ancestors before us who bowed, howled and worshiped the moon," She snapped, "I wish to continue our legacy, to show the gods how we have evolved and that they will not control us any longer,"