Chapter Five.

Ava's POV.
I held the saddle which was huge compared to an English saddle, which I was used to, it had a large horn towards the front and adjustable stirrups. It didn't seem that different to a horse saddle just bigger and heavier.

"Fun fact, Star it practically wild, she's never been ridden," Aesir told me before he grabbed his saddle, "So we better get this started,"

"I've broken horses before," I told him, trying to reassure myself I would be fine.

"Endless you haven't noticed Star is no horse,"

I rolled my eyes before yet again looking down at the saddle.

"How do we hold onto her?" I asked seeing no reins.

"Oh, you're defiantly a horse girl, Star has horns so that's what you hold onto,"

"Great," I mumbled, "Let's begin,"

Star was easier to get saddled than I though, she instinctively laid down so I could place the heavy saddle on her back then stood allowing the girth to fall down. Aesir was showing me what to do with each step and how to adjust it so it wouldn't slip during a flight.

After the saddle was on them both they were sent to walk around and be a dragon. The saddles didn't get in the way off them, didn't restrict their movements, we sent them off so Star could get used to the feeling of wearing one, seeing as she had never worn one. Learning to wear a saddle was hard so we took it slow.

"So, how old are they?" I asked watching them play fight like young dogs.

"Flame is about five years old, I met him when he was three and we've been a team for two, Star is only about a year old, she still has a tiny bit of growing to do and won't be at full potential until she's at least four,"

I nodded and leant on the tree we were near. Aesir was watching them while playing with a knife again. It made him look like he was ready to murder someone but I had started to trust him.

"You want to know about the rumors," He said after several minutes of silence.

"Yeah, if it's no problem," I sighed, knowing they were rumours, nothing more.

"What do you want to know shifter?" he asked.

"The attacks," I stated, "The dragon rider attacks,"

"They were like two years ago," He mumbled, "Just after the war right?"

"Yeah, the one about freeing humans, the revolution,"

"Right, dragons choose their rider, it's almost like a calling, their purpose is to find their rider, sometimes their rider isn't as kind as the dragon thought, the rider may be somewhat evil," Aesir looked at Flame who walked over and Aesir dragged his hands across the scars Flame had, "The dragons and riders which were in those attacks weren't dragon riders, yes they ride dragons but their dragons were mistreated and had obey them or get injured, dragon riders like me and others I know are not like them, the attacks happened while the world was recovering from the revolution, and people were distracted,"

Flame walked back over to Star and Aesir looked at me.

"Anything else you wanna know shifter?"

I was about to ask something but a loud buzz filled my head causing me to grunt. Holding my head I crouched slightly, I knew exactly what was happening, my parents were trying using the mind link, and they weren't giving up. The buzz was because I had blocked the link, something you were taught when you were young so you didn't have to constantly hear the packs voices.

"Ava, you alright?" Aesir asked after I stood back up again.

"I'm fine, its nothing, dragons, I want to know why everyone think they're dangerous,"