001

Chapter 1
Keira Martinez
August 7,2021
It's the last day of my day of my summer vacation when all of a sudden my mom calls my name.I run in the house to her. "What is it mom." I say seeing that she looks like she saw a ghost. "I have to tell you something and I don't have much time, Keira please listen." She says with tears forming in her eyes. "Mom spit it out already" I say feeling my eye stinging with warm tears. I hate seeing her cry because it makes me sad seeing her sad. "So I'm not your biological mom but before you get mad let me explain." she says slowly looking down."I can't promise I won't get mad." I say as it gets harder to hold back the tears knowing that I have been living a lie for the past 14 years of my life. "I took you in because your biological mother got pregnant unexpectedly and was scared of what your father might do so she moved away early in the pregnancy and died just hours after birth but before you were born we had already planned on adopting you and did all the paper work before hand so we took you in as soon as possible and gave you the life she would have wanted you to have. She says explaining every thing. "Well why are you crying" I ask while wiping my tears. "Well your biological father found out about you he will be here any second to pick you up." she said crying more. "Mom you can't just cry about this I'm sure he'll let you visit and let me come and see you. He can't be that cold hearted." I say trying to reassure you knowing that im a little scared deep down inside. "Kie just go and pack your things I don't want you seeing me like this." she says and I know with that sentence she is really hurt. I go to my room and start packing I hear her talking to herself as i pack and that made me hurt a little more while packing I hear the doorbell and it is time for me to go. I slowly walk down the stairs as reality hits. "I'm about to be living with a stranger" I think to myself.As I reach the bottom of the steps I see 3 tall men in all black standing waiting patiently. "You definetly can't deny her dad she look just like you." one of the boys say. Great I have brothers. "Vince is right dad she's like the girl version of you." the other guy says. "Boy's quiet." the oldest looking one says and the other two go quiet. "Hi,Kiera. I'm Nate and im your Biological Father." He says . "Cool, who are they." I ask. "They are Vincent and Leonardo but he prefers to be called Leo and they are you brothers." he says. "Well it's getting late we should get going." Leo says. "Ok let me say bye to my mom." I say turning to my mom. "Mom please always remember that I love you and that I'll always be thinking of you and I'll call you everyday." I say starting to cry all over again. She hugs me and says bye as i walk out the door to my new life. The drive to the air port was awkward so i broke the ice. "Y'all are really weird" I say. Nate just laughed."How old are yall" I ask. "I'm 18 and Leo is 16" Vince says. "Cool, are ya'll my only brothers." I ask curiously. "Nah there's like 3 more of us." Vincent told me, chuckling a little bit.