.lend a hand.

- diluc
- fluff/slight nsfw

When the warm sunrays tickled your and your husband's face, a hand found it's way on your waist. Diluc pulled you closer to him. You turned to face him. His calm handsome face remained resting, but he was awake. The man's skin was glistening in the sunlight, you couldn't help but to stroke his cheek gently. Red coloured eyes were now looking at you lovingly.
"I didn't wake you up, did I?", you asked quietly, almost whispering.
"It's alright dear, I've been awake for quite some time now", his hands brought your head closer to him, so that he could place a kiss on your forehead. You were soaking in his presence. His scent was addicting, his gentle smile contagious and his touch soft.
"I wish I could spend some more time with you. Just laying around, in each other's embrace", the sigh that escaped his lips was long. He looked exhausted. Diluc was a hardworking man. If he was not at the tavern, he would be working in the winery. He tries to make it up to you in presents, but you'd much rather appreciate some quality time with him. It's been ages since you've been on a proper date. You can't blame him though, he wants the best for you both.
"Are you going to the tavern today?"
"Yeah, Charles called in sick yesterday, I don't really have a choice. Though it's a work day, so there probably won't be that many people", he brought his arms around you, hugging you tight. It was obvious that he didn't want to leave the comfort of the queen sized bed. Even if today wasn't a day that many customers visited Angel's Share, you didn't want him to overwork himself again. Not today.
"Hmm.. Can I come with you today, Diluc?", you asked, looking up at him.
He seemed quite surprised. You never asked this before.
"Dear I'd love to have you there, but I won't be able to spend that much with you. I don't want you to feel upset.", his hand caressed your hair.
"I want to help you! Me standing there, waiting for you to finish to pay attention to me won't get the work done. We can do this together!", Diluc's eyes widen, he was pleasantly surprised. His hand moved from the softness of your hair to the one of your cheek and he kissed it.
"Well alright then. I guess you can come with me."

...

While Diluc was behind the bar making drinks for the drunkards that came to the tavern everyday, you were handing them out. The men there were really brave to hit on you, but one piercing gaze from Diluc was enough for them to stop. They creeped you out. The remarks they had about you were disgusting. Whenever you'd come to pick up more drinks, Diluc asked if you were okay and made short work of them. He's so caring. All the time. If it ever come to the point of one of his customers touching you, he'd act very swiftly. The day went by quicker for Diluc since you were there with him. It was already late. The last customer left. Half an hour until closing. You helped Diluc wash the glasses and cups and you were ready to close the tavern for today when the time will come.
"Well, that's everything for today. We still have half an hour left. What shall we do?"
You were sitting on the bar table. Diluc was wiping his wet hands from washing the dishware. A devious smirk appeared on your face. He didn't notice it until you reached for his black belt and pulled him closer to you, inches away from your face.
"Oh..", he was a loss of words, "I guess we can do that if you want to."
He smirked a little at your actions.
"Of course I want to, darling."
There wasn't a day where you wouldn't want him this close to you. He was addicting.
Your hands cupped his face, pinkies resting under his jawline. When your head was slightly tilted, you closed the distance between you two. His hands rested on your shoulders, slightly pulling you even closer to him. Diluc's fingers slid under the straps of your tank top, slowly slipping them off. Your lips detached from those of the man.
"Hmm, I see how it is", you commented on his slick little undressing moment. You always teased him when he was really getting into the make-out session.
"Did I do something wrong?", there was a look of concern on his face. A giggle escaped past your lips.
"No, no, Diluc. I'm just teasing you, don't worry", you ruffled the hair on top of his head. The small amount of blush on his cheeks made smile widely. Sometimes he was really cute. No one would've expected the mostly expressionless serious man to be so vulnerable around his lover. But it was obvious Diluc loved and trusted you. And you appreciated him greatly.
After the little moment of intimacy, you guys closed off the tavern and went home. At the Dawn Winery, you and Diluc fell asleep together. He was holding you close to him just like in the morning.