Chapter 3 - Change

The bus doesn't have long to go before it reaches its destination. Maybe five minutes or a little more. Today is a clear day, but with a scorching sun that makes you dry and sweat in the blink of an eye as soon as you bathe or get wet. Everyone is scantily clad and the clothes they are wearing are too short. And before it's too late, let's go back to infiltrate the unfinished and interesting conversation of Luke and Paul.

- Well... you're right that I have something to tell you, and also that I'm going to have a hard time explaining it to you. And here it goes... let's see, this summer I met a girl and already at the first sight I felt like a paralysis for a few moments, which cost me a lot to be able to land back to Earth. It was something super unexpected for me, and from the first second we crossed paths and saw each other, I have had the feeling that we like each other physically and internally on the part of both of us. Unconsciously we both looked into each other's eyes for a few moments. I noticed the new way he adapted his face, that of a shy smile. Even I noticed mine (the smile), and how my cheeks burned with embarrassment. I don't even know how to explain it. It's something indescribable in words. I could NEVER have imagined getting to know a girl like that. - he explains with immense emotion to his friend.

- Wow!!! That's great Luke. I've seen you so happy and now I understand why. - he says rejoicing for his best friend. - Tell me, tell me, I want to know. You know I trust you and I would like you to trust me too, although you always do. I doubt you won't this time.

- And I will do it, but I don't know how to explain it to you... I warn you that since I don't know how to tell you, it will take me a long time to tell you. - he confesses with some faith.

- Don't worry about how long it will take. As long as you can tell me in time before I have to go to class. .... Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha - he makes a joke. Kind of funny, SO funny, that his partner gets up the courage to tell him.

- Okay, I think I'll have time for that. Let's see, I'll get started. In the middle of summer, more or less, I went to spend a few days at my grandparents' country house to stay with them. As you know, their house is in the middle of the village of Stockbridge. Not very far from here, but not 5 minutes away either, even though it's also in Massachusetts. Well... let's get to what I was explaining. It's been a long time since I've seen my grandparents. And in front of their house there is a big and beautiful park, where I went to play soccer with my brother. While we were playing, a group of girls about our age came up to the two of us and started talking to us. And one of those girls was the one that caught my attention a lot. That girl's name is Valerie. She's one of the nicest people you can meet, and she's also very pretty. The first thing I noticed was her beautiful blue eyes, which reminded me of the perfect shade of blue of the sea, and her long hair, really blonde and wavy. Come on, the typical girl from the movies, but this one is real, she exists and she is much better than any fictional one.

She apparently also noticed me and quite a lot. So the first thing we did was to introduce ourselves to each other and become very close friends. The affection and a relationship very superior to that of friends, with a colleague to colleague relationship between us, was never lacking. We gave each other the contacts so that we could have the opportunity to talk on a daily basis. We would always meet in that park in the morning. Until the day came when it had been a week since we started our friendship, and then I thought it would be a good idea to tell him the truth, and really, I was right and very right. I didn't regret it, because she told me what she thought of me, and I loved it because she said that she liked me too.

- Yes, man? - he asks in amazement.

- Yes, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. I didn't believe what he was telling me either. - he acknowledges confidently.

- Godsss, how cool!!!! You're so brave, buddy. - says Paul - Keep counting. - he insists.

- Okay, so what's going on? From that moment on, little by little we started to become more than just friends, until we became official lovers. And well, since my grandparents' house is 20 minutes away from here, we see each other very, very often. She is very nice. If you met her, you'd like her a lot. I can trust everything with her and she's the best thing that could have happened in my life. We haven't been dating for very long, not more than a month and a half, but in just that time we've been dating we've become inseparable. - he explains to his friend, admitting to sounding a bit corny, but really in love.

- What a BEAUTIFUL story, I can see you're hooked, I've never felt that way and the truth is, I'd like to. - says Paul.

They have already arrived at the school bus stop, the bus driver starts to give the order to be able to leave. Paul, Luke and his other classmates walk to the exit door. Paul is dead nervous, because of this beginning of high school (and you will notice the restlessness that is reflected in his face at this moment, white white; his lost and crazy look, looking everywhere, his restless pulse, and his trembling all over his body). They all look at Paul, dumbfounded, they think he is not the same, he doesn't look at all like the Paul who last year finished elementary school.

- Dude, they're all looking at you - he comments to his partner, with that "I told you so" smile - ha, ha, ha.

- Luke, don't make me more nervous than I already am - he asks - suddenly people are staring at me so much, it makes me uneasy, it's never happened to me before.

- Let's see, but have you seen yourself? You've changed a lot this summer, from now on I'll call you Paul The Charming 2.0, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, it's great - Luke comments funny - now my question is if it will work? Of course it will, and without your new name, it's very clear. There won't be anyone who can resist you, otherwise we'll see.

- Luke... ha, ha, ha, ha, stop, nothing will happen - he says, even though he knows inside that something will happen this year, since he has that feeling, but he doesn't want his friend to realize it.

TO BE CONTINUED IN THE NEXT CHAPTER...

[Author's NOTE]:

Do you think Paul will get into high school? Or maybe he will have an anxiety attack and in the end he won't be able to get in? Are there many changes awaiting him?....

You will be able to answer these and many more questions by reading the next chapter. As soon as it will be uploaded, don't wait to read it...

*P.S. - Chapter four will be short but intense, I assure you that you will like it.