Chapter 5 - Waiting and reflection

[Author's NOTE]:

I know you can see at a glance that this chapter is short, but that doesn't mean it's not worth reading. I think it's interesting to do so in order to understand what's coming next.

- - - - -

The next day was quiet, but Paul still had those nerves on him when Abbie was around. He tried to hide his uneasiness. Days and days, weeks and weeks went by, and Paul still couldn't get up the courage to engage her in the slightest conversation. Many glances fell during the classes, of those shy ones and accompanied by a captivating blush on both sides, but no word crossed either of them.It was always the same routine, when Paul got out of bed every morning, he said to himself: "today is the day, I have to do it". But he was not able to. Then came the day when he stopped to think and recognized that what he really felt was love for Abbie. He didn't think he was capable of assimilating it, because for him it was a very strange sensation, he had never felt it before. He had never thought he would fall into a person's nets, and now he was standing there on his bed. Every evening remembering all the parts of that girl's face that drove him so crazy. That way, he promised himself to take the plunge and talk to her once and for all. He had to do it, it was already the end of the third quarter....