7. Revelation

Part 7: Revelation

"Racers, the race is about to begin momentarily," the host announced through the microphone.

Jeanette watched his friends go to their assigned stations. "Good luck," she whispered as she watched the team meet up and made a circle.

"Alright, just as we planned," Alvin reminded, "Brit, your first, then Theodore, Simon, and lastly, to finish it up, me!"

"Got it!" the three replied in unison.

"First make sure that you are all feeling fine. Then, check your bikes if they are all working well," Dave advised. "Also, always wear your helmets."

Everyone did what was told and found themselves ready for the race.

Meanwhile, Jeanette was about to take a step away from the others when she was halted by a touch on her shoulder.

"Hey, Sis! What — uhh... What are you doing here?" Eleanor asked, raising one of her eyebrow.

"Nothing," Jeanette replied timidly, "I just... I just want to get away from the crowd where... you know... is noisy."

"Oh, okay," replied Eleanor, "Now, does this have anything related to the big race?"

"Eleanor, what are you talking about? I just want to go back to the car," Jeanette spoke, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Come on now, Sherlock Chipmunk! You don't have to hide it to me," Eleanor said in a sincere voice.

"As your older sister, I command you to stay out of my way, Eleanor," Jeanette added, "Please!"

Eleanor took a step away from her sister, then whispered, "I'm here to help you."

Jeanette paused, sighing deeply.

"Tell me everything that happened. I'll listen," Eleanor added, patting her sister's back.

"It all started when I'm investigating the identity of the bike race champion last Saturday after I heard that there will be a race coming. I saw her face and I immediately knew who she is," Jeanette replied.

"Excuse me, t-the mysterious bike race champ is a... a girl?!" Eleanor gasped, "Wow!"

"She told me that if I tell anyone about her identity, she'll make me and my younger sisters pay," Jeanette added.

"When she found out that I'm joining the race, it seemed like she didn't trust me. Now she wants me to sabotage our team which she thinks might win the race and end her reign," said Jeanette. "And she also told me that I should not tell anyone or even do anything to ruin their plan or else she'll also do something unkind to the boys."

"Oh, poor Jeanette," Eleanor sighed. "But, maybe she's just playing it tough but deep inside she's just terrified."

"No, Ely!" Jeanette interrupted, "I kmow this girl! She's not like the other girls you know."

"Okay, I believe you, Sis. I believe you,"  Eleanor spoke. "So, what do you do now?"

"I guess I'm going to... to sabotage the team's bicycles," Jeanette replied sadly.

"Hmm... Maybe I have a solution for that," Eleanor answered. "Now that all they know is that you are going to sabotage our bikes, what if we pretend like they are sabotaged but they are really not?"

Jeanette's spirit was somehow lifted by what she heard. From there she knew that there was hope.

"I see your point," Jeanette spoke. "So, are we going to tell the others?"

"Yes but, we have to hurry. The race is about to begin!" Eleanor reminded.

Jeanette took her walkie talkie and went to talk to the team. She told everything to them and explained the plan to them.

"But that means... that means that we are going to lose," Alvin spoke sadly.