Chapter 13

Izuku lawyered up, and as per the law the police could no longer question him without his lawyer present and in the room with him, and unlike with all might, whom they all knew used to be a vigilante, it stood against their albeit weak moral code to keep Izuku detained.
He was however photographed and fingerprinted before leaving the station to make contact with his lawyer.

He hadn't yet made a contract with anyone so he had a list of about 5 lawyers he could call if the first one didn't come through, but he did have faith that he would, but he couldn't call him now, he needed to get home first, but he was shaken up.
Izuku immediately went to the nearest bench, feeling as though his legs were going to give out under him. He couldn't walk home, and he was still angry and upset, he didn't want to take a taxi.

Instinctively one person came to mind and he immediately dialed the number. He hadn't even thought of exactly what he was going to say.

"Izuku?"

"Ochako...hi, Uhm, this might be a bit much to ask this late, but... I really need someone to come to get me" he hated how weak and childish he sounded.

"Come get you? Izuku, where exactly are you?"

"I'm..." izuku looked over his shoulder, still seeing the station and officers walking around outside it, chatting as if everything was fine. "...Right outside the police station"

"O-oh! Oh no, yeah I'll come to get you right away!" Ochako panicked and izuku could hear her moving around in a frenzy.

"Do you...mind staying on this call with me till you get here?" Izuku continued to feel embarrassed, but he needed someone to talk to, or else he felt as though he was gonna explode.

"Of course, I will, I'll put my phone on speaker in the car"

   True to her word Ochako stayed on the line with Izuku, even though there wasn't much to be said, only a tense silence and both undoubtedly tried to get a read on the situation.
   Izuku's head was swarmed, not only with accepting the situation he'd been thrown into, this new life that was about to begin, but he also wondered what he'd say when he contacted his lawyer, or at least, who he hoped would represent him as his lawyer.

   When Ochako arrived at the bench where izuku was sitting she was on foot, having parked her small run-down car at the nearest parking lot.
   Izuku had his head in his hands, and she wondered if he had even noticed her yet.

   She had ended their silent phone call as soon as she could see him, but the silence dragged on even as she stood next to him.
   He was so quiet that it was eerie, even if he had been sobbing it would have been easier to know what to do.
   She couldn't very well drag him out of his seat and into her car. She supposed the best course of action was to simply be there for him, so instead of saying anything, she took a seat next to him on the bench.

   She felt his breath hitch as she did, she knew he just needed her to be there.
   He didn't need anything to be said, no speeches to cheer him up, it wouldn't help, not yet.

He still sat as he did when she got there, never looking up, taking deep breaths.
Even Izuku wasn't exactly sure what was causing him to be like this, was he that upset? Was he angry above all? Most likely, it was a mixture of the two.

The only sound breaking through the thick silence between the two of them was the speeding cars on the road in front of them.
Eventually, Ochako put an arm around Izuku and started rubbing his back.

That seemed to be the last piece of reassurance that Izuku needed.
Izuku lifted his head and looked up at Ochako. She was started at seeing just how worn he looked.