Chapter 15: Not Care

Fluttershy was still stuck in shock. She was ignoring Discord talking to her. "Why don't you stop moping around? Look at the bright side! And join me, Fluttershy! On my havoc of chaos!" He used his magic to make a flower bouquet of pink roses appear in front of Fluttershy's hands.

"And you too, talking puppy." He looked back at Spike (who rolled his eyes at him).

"It will be a blast! It's marvelous! You will see!" Discord shouted, not noticing that Fluttershy was scowling in anger. "It's fun!--"

"It's absolutely terrible!" Fluttershy got the bouquet of roses in her hands and threw it down onto the floor. "I can't believe you declined my deal. And won't release my friends. After, I gave you my geode as a token of our new friendship. My word. And after I showed you nothing but kindness! I made a promise. That I wouldn't use my magic on you! Against you!" She yelled at Discord.

She then walked over to the bouquet of roses that were across the room (where she had thrown them in rage). "You are the most selfish person, I have ever met. You would rather think about yourself and your own entertainments to do with your magic. You would rather cause chaos, without a single thought. Without thinking how it affects others around you."

She looked down at the rose bouquet on the floor. "And this is what I think about you! AND YOUR FLOWERS!" She aggressively squished them and angrily stomped on them with her shoes.

"I don't want anything to do with you! I will never join you! DISCORD! That's it! I am tired of being nice and patient with you! I AM DONE!" Pink rose petals scattered across the floor.

She stopped stomping on the flowers. "I am through with you." She said to Discord. Not making eye contact with him because she was so mad at him. "I am so mad and upset... That I don't even want to look at you, Discord." She walked past him.

She picked up Spike from the keyboard pad-table. And she went to go sit down on the floor with him in a corner of the room.

Discord was speechless at witnessing Fluttershy's outburst of rage. He stood in the middle of the room, trying to process what happened.

"Fluttershy? Me, selfish?" Discord asked out loud. He then walked around the room, trying to find where Fluttershy went to.

"What are you talking about?" Discord said. "I--" He was cut off when he heard Fluttershy's voice talking down in a low whisper to Spike.

He saw that Fluttershy was at a corner, sitting down on the floor. She was hiding behind the other side of the desk. Her legs were curled up together as Spike was sitting down on her lap.

"Fluttershy. What are we going to do? About Twilight and the others?" Spike asked with concern.

"All I want to do is save them. My friends. Because I really care about them. But I can't even do that." Fluttershy's eyes became watery; showing that she was sad. "Not even with my magic or kindness. It makes me feel worthless that I can't even do anything for them. No matter what hope I have, it won't help. I can't save them."

Discord kept on eavesdropping on Fluttershy, overhearing what she was saying. "Discord is the only one that can unfree my friends." Tears rolled down her cheeks. "It hurts my heart to see that he doesn't care about them. And doesn't care about my own feelings on this. How I am suffering in silence. He only cares about himself, not others. I want my friends to be safe. No matter what I do. He doesn't care."

She sobbed. "I don't know what to do anymore, Spike? I give up. I will never be able to save my friends. Pinkie. Starlight. Sunset. Rainbow. Rarity. Applejack. And Twilight."