Prologue.

This is a chapter to give a background to the story, to know where and in what context it is situated. The real story starts in chapter 2. Enjoy it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As the huge ship sailed through the Sea of ​​Blood, corpses of soldiers fell into its red waters. Tarkatans, Shokans and Osh-Tekks fought and killed each other.

The great conqueror Shao Kahn was fighting against the Earthrealm's champion Liu Kang. It wasn't an easy fight at all, his huge hammer and brute force made the fight nothing but bloodthirsty. But the human warrior wasn't far behind, he had defeated Goro and Shang Tsung before, he had Onaga's fire and a great anger inside him. It caused him great indignation that a mother preferred her mistress over her own daughter just for power and riches. And yet, she lied to her saying she loved her father, being her own murderer.

The anger was enough to give him the strength he needed to defeat him. With his health almost completely weakened, he was able to defeat the great conqueror of Outworld.

"Your madness will be your own end, Shao Kahn." Liu Kang said victoriously.

He then raised his head and looked around at his allies. He was worried since he hadn't seen his friend Kung Lao during the altercation. He moved his head in various directions until he finally saw it. He was sitting in a corner of the ship, drenched in blood, with his head downcast, barely able to move. Jade and Kotal stood side by side, trying to get him back on his feet.

"Kung Lao!" He exclaimed and ran towards the three of them. Even with the great war taking place around him, seeing his best friend covered in blood and not moving made him react. As he got closer, he saw that, in addition to being covered in red liquid, he had quite a few injuries. He was coughing desperately, drawing blood from his mouth.

"He is fine, we found him in the sea." Kotal told him, patting the warrior's back so he could get out all the liquid he had swallowed. While Jade held onto his shoulders to keep his torso stable.

"... Shao Kahn..." The shaolin sketched weakly coughing again. "... he threw me..."

He had been thrown into the Sea of ​​Blood by Shao Kahn; he had come close to drowning. Instantly, the champion felt even more fury and clenched his fists tightly. That was the height of his evil, the fact that he had hurt the ones he loved the most lit up his inner fire even more.

On the other hand, Kitana was fighting Sindel. It was quite a painful battle, both physically and emotionally. The princess could not believe that everything she had lived through was a lie. Not only was she deceived by the fact that Shao Kahn was her father, but her own mother also blatantly lied to her about her love. She believed that they were both victims, until she discovered she was the only victim the whole time. However, this wave of feelings was the impulse for the princess to defeat her opponent.

Liu Kang turned his head in search of Shao Kahn to collect what he had done to him. But then he found himself in another situation. Approaching the conqueror's knocked out body, he saw that Kitana had defeated his mother. She was lying on the floor of the boat just like her lover. For that moment the other warriors, Tarkatans, Osh-Tekks and Shokan, stopped fighting when they saw their former leaders defeated. In that, a silence and tension invaded the scene.

The princess was standing, staring at the body of her mother. Her expression reflected anger, but at the same time, great pain. Hate, anger, sadness, disappointment, was the only thing she could feel at that moment. Then, without outlining a single word, he walked towards her opponent, positioning herself on top, with both feet on either side of her waist. Suddenly, she took out her huge fan and opened it at the height of her head.