Back home.

The two Shaolin warriors appeared in the middle of the Wu Shi Academy temple gardens thanks to Raiden's thunder. They arrived alone without his master, because he had other matters to attend to such as taking the Lin Kuei and helping Outworld by healing the wounded, therefore, it was enough for him to leave his champions at home. The thunder made a loud noise it caused the monks who were in the area to fix their attention on it. Seeing both Shaolin warrior back, they felt great hope, because even though they were injured, they looked calm and with an expression on their faces that only showed they had won.

"They're back!" Said a boy monk pointing to the warriors. This along with other children were very happy to see their heroes back as they remember the fear they felt when the Black Dragon attacked the monastery.

Suddenly, some monks who were nearby began to applaud them for their bravery in going to Outworld to defend Earthrealm and returning victorious. Although it was perhaps not the most precise moment to celebrate since several structures of the monastery were destroyed, that was material damage that could be fixed and, at least, their side won. Liu Kang and Kung Lao smiled at the applauses, after all the altercation, being greeted with that gave them great satisfaction.

However, there was one important thing, after a conflict like that, it was obvious that the two warriors had spent several hours without drinking water or eating. And besides the injuries, they would most likely need a shower as well. So some masters immediately approached them.

"Come, we must aid you." Said one of the monks in charge of the health area, a bit hurried since he had to check them urgently.

Therefore, both followed their superiors, who led them to a special area. In that place, their vital signs were checked, the state of the wounds was checked, they were given food, hydrated, and even ordered to bathe since, because as expected, they stank. Finally, they were washed, dressed in clean clothes, and the lesions that were at risk of infection were covered. Although these could be quickly healed by Raiden, being in Outworld, they had to attend to them as the god arrived. The Shaolin were amazed to see the huge bruise that Liu Kang had caused by Shinnok's amulet, however, that was no longer their business, but Lord Raiden's. Therefore, and for the time being, they covered the area with bandages.

Besides, during the intervention both warriors were surprised to realize that they had left the monastery early in the morning and they hadn't returned until the afternoon of the next day. That explained why they finished the bottle of water they were given in one sip. Similarly, both warriors were asking about how their other teachers and companions were. They were relieved to confirm that there were no deaths and most of the wounded were healed by Raiden. However, they also learned that the attack caused a lot of damage and there were even areas practically disabled because of the Black Dragon's invasion. Therefore, they were informed that the Shaolin will be there for the next few days helping to rebuild said areas.

When all that process was over, the two men left the place. Immediately, the champion took a deep breath as he felt the breeze brush against his exposed torso, he, like his fellow, felt that long-awaited peace of being back at home. However, now that they were calmer, they were able to see in greater detail the damage to the temple. But before they could lament about it, it was then that Kung Lao remembered that due to the unexpected conflict, his friend couldn't answer him on whether he wanted to be his partner or not. So now that they were at peace, he knew it was time to bring it up.

"Hey Liu Kang." He called looking at him, a little nervous because the conversation he had been waiting for so long was approaching. "Can I talk to you about something?"