Chapter 7

In Death and Afterlife

"Remind me again why we're doing this?" Sharena inquired as both she and Kurio trudged through a tunnel as the other 2 party members were passed out back in the city. Kahn Lon'qu had tasked them with an extermination mission, one that could allow Kurio to start his training with his fire dominion.

"The lich king in these caverns have been a thorn in the Kahn's side for many moons." Kurio says as he looks around, his torch light the way deeper and deeper down. "This tunnel leads underneath the Grand Feroxian Graveyard. Therefore, the lich practically has an endless army....."

"I understand that, but why are WE doing this?"

"I owe the Kahn a favor. And as a man of honor, I will uphold it proudly."

As they travel deeper and deeper into the cavern, the two warriors sense they are being followed or at the very least, watched.... And as they kept going, the smell of death and the feeling of dread were getting stronger. Sharena grips onto Kurio's arm, seemingly afraid of what was to come. Though Kurio was calm, he knew things were going to get dicey.

When he sees a blue light at the end of the cavern, Kurio douses his torch and pulls out his sword as it emits the black flame from before. The two walk towards it as they find themselves in a large cavern, ritual symbols of necromancy everywhere as a sinister and ancient laugh fills the room. From the throne before them sits the lich king, his eyes of glowing green gaze upon the Demon and the Amazonian. Finally after his evil laugh subsides, he speaks.

"Welcome, warrior of Zeta..... I've been expecting you... But know you will not escape here with your lives, but become my personal servants and warriors."

"Then I suggest you throw everything you have at me," Kurio challenged. "otherwise I'm going to kill you so quickly, your magic won't even save you."

"Impudent child!!!! You know not whom you are up against! I am Samon Rosalle!!!! Eternal lich king! Go my minions!!!! Take care of his companion, but the boy is mine!!!" Coffins appear everywhere as a hoard of undead warriors and draugr alike are inside, awakened by the lich king to take them on. An astral scythe appears in the lich kings boney hands as he starts to levitate. "Now face me boy! Let this dance of death be your final!"

As Kurio charges in, Sharena starts cutting down the undead with ease. The lich king uses his magic to keep his distance, but Kurio returns with his own fireballs and flame walls. The lich king was impressed, for no man, demon, or beast has gotten this far in fighting him. As Kurio gets closer to the lich king, the fight gets more heated and Kurio gets more frustrated by his constant floating away.

"Enough magic, you undead rat fucker!" Kurio shouts. "It's time for me to get up close and personal!" Kurio charges in and avoids any and all attacks or just straight up ignores the pain if they were to hit. He leaps into the air, tackling the lich king into the river of souls he had created and began to beat the lich king, soon crushing the lich kings head with his bare hands as he screams in pain.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO-!"

The battle had been consummated, and the undead army, that was about to overwhelm Sharena suddenly stop, but they do not die.... Why did they stop? Sharena calls out Kurio's name as she rushes over to the river, a worried look on her face. After a moment, Kurio's head pops up with a gasp, coughing out for air. Sharena's look of worry is replaced by relief and concern as she helps him out of the river. Kurio dries himself with his powers of fire as he sees the undead army draw close to him. Kurio readies himself for a fight, only for the army to bend their knee and swear fealty to him. Kurio sees that by defeating the lich king, he himself has become able to summon the undead. Kurio thinks to himself for a moment, before summoning an astral scythe in his hands. He chuckles excitedly as he has a massive grin on his face. The scythe vanishes as he offers his hand to Sharena. She accepts it with a cute blush on her face.

"Quite the battle, Kurio. But what was all this about?" Sharena asks.

Kurio shrugs and simply says,

"Even if I knew I don't think I could explain it."

With a wave of his hand, the undead pass on and turn to dust, and as the two start to leave the tunnel, Kurio knows that his vengeance will become all the more sweeter with the help of the fallen at his side, when he finally finds Lyonne's stupid face and enacts his vengeance upon his traitorous brother.