chapter 1

Chapter 1.

This was all real she thought. Up until now everything just felt like a nightmare but standing there in front of the wooden door hands held up to knock all that had happened struck her hard. She couldn't even wrap her head around it all. Just as she had been doing since she left her house, she pushed all of it away and knocked the door. This was it. Her future. Her life from now on.

The door swung open and she saw her aunt Mabel standing there with a small smile on her face.

" Ohh Laura come on in. We've been waiting for you."

She said and hugged her lightly. Laura just smiled at her and entered the house. From now on this was where she was going to be staying until she was capable to live on her own.

Dragging her bags inside she kept walking as she took in the house. It was a nice one, with an open plan kitchen on the right a large living area,minimal furniture. A flight of stairs that led upstairs towards a few rooms.

The crackling sound caught her attention and she saw the fire place just behind her. The mantle above was decorated with pictureframes. She didn't go really close to actually look at them but everyone present seemed to be smiling. She had a small smile on her face too.

Except for Aunt Mabel, everyone here was a stranger to her as in she had never ever seen them ever.

Aunt Mabel was her mother's sister but they never had really visited each other. Somehow they had been distant. But after mom they were the only family she had.

Aunt Mabel led her to upstairs and the room at that was the farthest from others.

" Well, I thought maybe you needed some privacy so we decided to give you this room, hope you don't mind." She said as she opened the door.

" That was very considerate of you, thank you Aunt Mabel."she said as she followed her inside .

"Oh dear, no need of formalities, and just call me Mabel" she smiled at Laura.

Laura smiled back and nodded her head.

"Wow!".

The room was big almost as big as her room back home. It had a huge king sized bed in the center. Large picture windows to the left wall and beside the bed the view outside was also breathtaking. They lived near the beach so she had the perfect view of the waves crashing and she was sure the sunset view from her room would just be as beautiful as the...she was at the loss of words there.

She turned Back and saw Mabel look at her. a beautiful smile played across her lips as she watched Laura. Laura was sure she looked like a small kid. Her face heated up.

" Im sorry the is just beautiful. I couldn't help myself. "

" Don't need to apologize. Maria had once told me that you loved the sea. So I figured you would love this. " Mabel said still grinning. The mention on Laura's mother had again made her realise that this was all real not a dream.

Mabel then just told her where everything was explained her about the taps and switch buttons in the room and bathroom and telling her about the dinner being served in half an hour she left the room closing the door behind her.

Laura sat down on the bed and everything that had happened just crowded her mind. Her mom was gone. Actually gone she was never going to meet her again. Only if she could have been able to tell her how much she meant to her. Tears stung her eyes and for the first time, since she got the news, she let the tears flow. Somehow crying and accepting the news had lightened the weight on her heart and she surprisingly felt better. She didn't know how long she just kept crying but it felt good to let go.