Chapter 4

Chapter 4

.
.
.
.
.
.
"Date??" Watson asked Laura as they entered the hallway. "Someone from college??"

"NO "She said

"Okay then i guess i'll meet you tomorrow then"

"Yeah.. byee "

Saying that Laura left from there. Watson just stood there watching her walk away. Something happened at that moment. Something he couldn't place his finger on.

"DANI!!!!"

He heard a female voice calling him from behind and even though he couldn't take his eyes away from Laura he turned and was soon engulfed in a hug.

"Where have you been??" The girl asked.

" Sarah come on we just met yesterday remember.???"

"Yeah but i missed you. BTW what are you doing standing here in the middle of the hallway??"

"Uh.. nothing just leaving."

How much ever Watson tried to hide it the sadness in his voice wasn't missed by Sarah. She knew him too well.

But something wasn't right. She had never seen him sad. Why was he sad,.??

" hey everything fine??"

"Yes why wouldn't it be..??"

"Well you dont sound fine.. something iwantedith nd ring you. What is it??"

" Im fine. Nothing is wrong with me. See !!!. " he threw his million dollar smile her way.

" Oh no. Dont even try to fool me with that smile of yours. I know you too well to be blinded by it Mr.Daniel Watson."

But even after that he remained silent.
Just when he had made up his mind to tell his best friend his problem her phone rang and his courage died with it. She checked her phone for the message and then looked at him.

" Sorry I have to go now. But you will tell me what is bothering you later. Promise??" She asked.

"Yeah i will"

Then Sarah too left from there Leaving Him standing in the hallway yet again. He just smiled at his luck and shaking his head left from there too.
.
.
.

Sarah was on her way towards the parking lot but her mind was still trying to figure out what was wrong with Dani. He seemed upset about something. In their 2 years of friendship Never has she seen him like that. She had first met Dani just before her High school began. She had been crying on the bench of the park because of her bad breakup and Dani was just there. He had seen her crying and somehow managed to make her smile. He had made her realise that whatever happens in life the best way to deal with it is smiling through the pain. And even though it didnt make the pain go away, it would give you the hope that everything in life would be right. It was just the matter of time.
Since then they had been inseparable.
.
.
.
Laura was standing by the Vespa playing with the keys in her hands when she saw Sarah coming towards her.
.

"Hey whats up?"she asked once she reached Laura.

"Nothing. Just wanted to give you these."
She said handing the keys to Sarah. "I am not risking it again. You drive it back Home I'll talk to Mabel."

Without saying anything she took the keys from her and stuffed them into her pocket. But then something struck her.

"But then how will you go HOME???"she asked.

"I'll walk"

"Are you crazy?? Its almost 40min walk from here. And then sun is blazing. I'll drop you home come on. "