Twelve Robberies

Mikey's P.O.V
I wake up and the first thing I notice is that I'm curled up against Donnie and my legs are wrapped in his. Our legs feel like they are intertwined like a braid.
Then when I open my eyes the first thing I see is Donnie lying right next to me, wide awake. He's writing on a little notepad. I was hoping he would be asleep and then he hopefully wouldn't notice.
I sit up quietly and untangle myself from Donnie. I nearly kicked the blanket off of the bed accidentally. Donnie flinches at the sudden movements and I try to hide the embarrassment on my face by turning away.
"Are you okay?" He asks and he gives me a puzzled expression and he looks me up and down. He puts his notepad down and sits up too.
"Y-yeah sorry." I don't know what to say. He doesn't seem fazed, he could've pushed me away any time.
"Why?"
"Huh?"
"Why are you apologizing?"
"I didn't mean to scare you," I force a laugh. That's not really why I was saying sorry. "What time is it?"
"A little after eight."
Did I sleep that long without a nightmare?
"Did you get any sleep?" I ask and Donnie pulls the blanket back up. He looks more exhausted than ever.
"Not really," he trails off. "As I was trying to fall asleep I got an idea. He hands me his notepad and I look at it. I have no idea what I'm looking at. He has noted scribbled all over and a few messy sketches.
"Is that a walkie-talkie?" I point to the only sketch I make out.
"Yeah." He pulls out another notebook. I recognize this one, it's the notebook where he keeps track of all the places Raph has been. "The robberies. Raph has stopped twelve of them."
"Yeah?" I have no idea where Donnie is going with any of this.
"How do you think he did that?" I see a spark in his eyes under all the exhaustion. "A police radio! There's no way that he just stumbled across all those robberies."
"How is that going to help us find him?"
"I have an old walkie-talkie." He points to all the scribbles on the smaller notepad. "I can turn that into a radio and I can get on the police station."
"Really?" My eyes widen. "But...this city is huge. There's gotta be several different stations."
"Exactly, I'm glad that you pointed that out." He smiles as he opens the other notebook. He has the robberies highlighted in blue. All these robberies are in the jurisdiction of the Eastern Police Department. So whoever radio Raph managed to get his hands on was from that station."
"And that probably means his hideout is in that area too...right?"
"Exactly! Come on, let's go find Leo." Donnie swings his legs off of the bed and he goes to stand up but he pauses. That's right, he left his wheelchair in the living room.
"Want me to go get it?"
"No," his tone changed drastically. I scoot next to him and I stand up, just in case he needs help. He stands up and I can see the pain in his eyes.
"Please, let me help." I can't stand seeing him in pain. I hope I didn't hurt his legs last night...
He doesn't say anything, he just puts his arm around my shoulders and he leans on me.
I hold onto his hand and I loop my other arm around his side.
We take one step toward his door and I can feel most of his weight on me.
I open the door and slowly make our way to the living room. We turn the corner into the living room, Splinter was passing through and he saw us coming.
He goes over and gets Donnie's chair, meeting us about halfway.
"Thank you," Donnie says to both of us as we help him into his chair.
"Sensei, is Leo here?"
"Leonardo went for a walk."
"Did he tell you about Raph?" I ask. Splinter nods, I can see a glint of hope in his eyes that I haven't seen in a long time.
"Yes, he did." Splinter says.
"I know how we can find him again." I watch and listen as Donnie tells Splinter what he told me. The hope grows in Sensei's eyes and I can hear life coming back to Donnie's voice.
"I really think it will work," Donnie says after he's don't explain.
"The hard part will be getting Raph to stop running." I slouch against Donnie's wheelchair a little bit. My ribs are starting to get sore.
"Good work, my Sons. Please, keep me updated."
"We will," Donnie says. After that Splinter leaves and he heads to his dojo.
I help wheel Donnie into his lab, but once I push him up to his desk he gets out of his wheelchair.
"I'm going to go make coffee," I say as Donnie rummages around in his drawers.
"Okay."