Chapter 58

As i sit in the car my heart beats. Every memory of Harish and I float around in my head. I smile as i think about him. Happy tears run out. Karthik puts his hand on my legs. He strokes my legs. I thought about the lingering problems that were still there. Suriya hadn't talked to me since he discovered Karthik liked me in high school. Suriya was mad at Karthik. Tara was still not talking to Karthik, me, or the others. I leaned in and almost kissed Karthik. I pushed all the thoughts away with the thought that Harish was okay. I smile through my happy tears. 

I look over at Karthik. He looked serious. He drives faster than he's allowed to. He has his hand on the steering wheel. I take my hand up to his hand and stroke it. 

"Drive safely." I let out. 

Karthik reduces the speed. 

Karthik drove as quickly as he could following the signs on the road, and i sat impatiently for almost two hours. It was the longest two hours of my life. When we finally came to the hospital we both rushed out. We ran up the stairs to the floor where Harish's room was. 

When we reach the hallway. I look at the end of the hallway. There he is. Standing. Everyone else is behind him. Arvinht's dad, Arvinth, AJ, my parents, my friends. 

They all look at me. I try to catch my breath from running up the many stairs. 

I start running towards them, but then i stop. I think back to what Karthik said. 

"I promise you he'll wake up and remember everything." 

I smile and turn around to Karthik. I run towards Karthik and give him a huge hug. 

"Go get your happily ever after..." Karthik whispered in my ear. I smile as he says that. 

I let go of Karthik and run towards Harish. I run into his arms and hug him tightly. A weight falls off my shoulders. Happy tears come out.

"I'm so sorry for everything. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." I apologize for not really knowing what i was apologizing for. 

"You have nothing to be sorry for," Harish says in his deep voice. 

"I heard everything you said to me," Harish whispers in my ear. 

"I gave up on you," I say, and start crying while i let go of him.

"Shhhh, calm down. I know you. I know you would never give up on someone you love." Harish says taking my face in his hands. 

"I missed you so much," I say leaning into his chest.

"I missed you too," Harish says and hugs me tightly. 

"You're pregnant?" Harish asks. 

A big smile appears on my face. 

I nod while my head is leaned against his chest. Harish sniffles. 

"I'm going to be a dad." Harish lets out. 

I take one step away from him. 

I nod. 

"I love you," Harish says pulling me in for a hug. 

"I missed you so much," I say hugging him tighter. 

A doctor walks closer to me. 

"He still needs a lot of rest. I wouldn't say that he's ready for work yet. Keep him home for 1 or 2 weeks. No physical activity that makes his heart race." the doctor explains. 

"Thank you so much!" I say to the doctor. 

"We're here to help." the doctor says, and starts walking in the other direction.