Chapter 60

After 6 months...

I look at myself in the mirror. I could officially call myself fat. A medium-sized bump was now visible. Harish walks in behind me. He walks over to me and hugs me from behind.

"You look beautiful!" Harish whisperers into my ear.

"Liar!" I let out instantly.

"I mean it. You have that pregnancy glow." Harish says.

"It's called sweat. You get that too." I say making my point.

I hadn't seen my friends for a while. It wasn't because i didn't want to. I had just felt a little insecure about myself since i got a little bigger.

Karthik's birthday was in two days, and we had to plan it today. I didn't like the thought of my friends looking at me differently. I was nervous about how they were going to react once they saw me.

"Do i have to be here today when they come over?" I ask Harish who had moved to my bed.

"Yes, it's Karthik remember? He's going to be devasted if you don't show up." Harish says looking at me.

I look at myself in the mirror. I didn't like how i looked. 

"Sweetie, you look stunning, and I'm not kidding. Your skin it's glowing." Harish says getting up from the bed. 

I move my face closer to the mirror to see what he's talking about. 

Harish and I moved downstairs. When the doorbell rang, my heart skipped a beat. I instantly became nervous. 

Harish walks over to the door and opens it. Their eyes slowly moved over to me. Everyone stood still for some moments. 

"What?" I ask looking toward them. I instantly felt bad. I looked down at my body and felt unattractive. 

"You look stunning!" Sneha let's out. 

"Oh my god, i was so scared to meet you all," I say, and take little steps towards them. I walk over to Sneha and hug her tightly. 

Everyone joins in on the hug. Everyone slowly moves towards the couch. 

Karthik still stands up almost frozen. Karthik looks at Tara, and then the rest of us.

It was six months since Karthik and Tara had broken up. It wasn't awkvard anymore, but i could feel that they both missed each other. A lot. Whenever i was with one of them they would always ask about the other. I thought it was sweet, but also sad. I wanted them to be together, but i couldn't just choose 

"Guys, i think i might want to cancel this year's birthday," Karthik says out loud. 

Everyone's facial expression changes. They get a little bumped.

"What, why?" Harish asks out loud. 

"You can't!" Sneha says. 

"Come on man!" Suriya says. 

"I'm just not in a place where i feel like i have something to celebrate." Karthik let's out. Karthik takes a quick look at Tara and then looks away. We all knew why Karthik didn't want to celebrate his birthday. We just pretended like we didn't know. 

Tara had also changed after the breakup. She was very quiet when she was with us. She never talked. She didn't show up when we were all together anymore. She either left early or came late. She was only with us for 1 or 2 hours, and then she would leave. I didn't judge her though. I knew how hard the breakup was for her. I hated seeing Karthik and Tara in such pain. I knew they both missed each other.