Chay knows now

...like he'd ever seen. Until the day Macau stopped being such an obvious, delectable treat.

-->

Chay narrowed his eyes at the words he'd just read on his phone.

Then he closed them and took a deep breath.

Then he sighed in frustration.

How could he be so stupid?

Theerapanyakul! Macau Theerapanyakul! Like Kinn Theerapanyakul! Like Kim Theerapanyakul!

Or maybe he was wrong. Tankhun had said he had only two brothers. Was Macau a cousin? Why else would this story feature a boy named Macau, if Macau didn't exist in this family?

After all, every single character Chay had ever read about on the site was someone who existed. Which meant that there had to be a Macau running around here, somewhere. A Macau that the bodyguards saw as boss. Which meant that his name was also Macau Theerapanyakul.

That couldn't be a coincidence.

Chay had thought Kim was just a singer and he turned out to be mafia. What were the chances that Chay's friend from school, and his kind, generous brother were also mafia?

Getting off his bed, Chay went in search of Tankhun. He'd have gone to find Porsche, but walking in on Porsche and Kinn was like playing a game of Russian Roulette: there was a chance they were working. But there was a higher chance that they were not.

"What do you need, my coco butterfly?" Tankhun asked, filling a glass of juice for Chay as soon as he entered the room.

"Uh..." Chay began, wondering how to broach the subject. "Are you playing games?"

"Not anymore." He plunked into a sofa. "Want to watch a movie with me?"

"Sure, Phi."

As Tankhun searched for a movie, Chay looked around.

"Do you... like, have any cousins... or...?"

Tankhun made an unearthly, disrespectful sound.

"Banes of my existence. Evil twins. Destructive gnats sent to destroy my happiness, the both of them."

"So that's a yes?"

"Yes, that's, a yes." Tankhun crossed his legs, turning to Chay. "If you ever see either of them, run in the other direction. Although, right now, Vegas is on the run. But if you see an overgrown weed just wobbling around this building with an ugly, discolored jacket, that's Macau."

Vegas and Macau.

Now, that was beyond coincidence, because Chay's Macau also had an older brother named Vegas.

"You... you don't..." Chay stuttered. "You don't like them?"

"HAI! I hate them. As a matter of fact, don't even speak to me about them. They're evil."

Chay took a sip of his juice.

Honestly, Chay shouldn't even be surprised anymore. Because, based on what his life had been like, recently, of course he'd find out his friend was a part of the mafia from a porn reading site.