The Lunch

Kinn had imagined everything possible, from a banquet to an extravagant street meal, to a picnic. Everything. What he'd never anticipated, was to be sitting in the open garden in the minor mansion, watching the minor family employees pass out packs of food, while they watched Porsche take down guard after guard after guard... in a mud-pit.

Vegas wouldn't stop laughing, from the moment Kinn showed up.

"This is such a bad idea for you to be here," he'd said right to Kinn's face, before he'd disappeared into the mansion.

Pete had been kind enough to stay by Kinn's side. But that didn't do much for Kinn's anxiety, every time Porsche went diving in the pit, writhing and rolling around with strange men, who got to cup a feel every once in a while. Kinn was keeping track. He was watching their leering eyes and he hated that he had to experience this. Damn it, maybe Vegas was right.

"How is this a lunch?" he'd asked.

"We're eating, Khun-Kinn," Pete had replied, his cheeks packed full with chicken and potatoes.

"But... why?" Kinn asked again, abandoning his plate of food. The minor family needed a better diet. They ate anything. Drank everything. Didn't work out as much. No wonder ten of them were worth one main family guard.

"They get a price."

"What price?"

"I'm not supposed to talk about it."

"Pete."

"Look, you're the one who chose to come here today, so you can't be mad."

"Mad about what?"

Pete sighed. "The official price is an added month off-duty."

"Official price? What does that mean?"

"That there's another price that the men are actually fighting for?" Pete replied, a small frown on his face. "It's a running gag, at this point. Porsche has no idea what he's offering."

"What is he offering?"

"He offered the off-duty thing but no one took the bait. Then as a joke, he mentioned that anyone who can topple him gets a blow job."

"What?" Kinn sat up.

"As a joke. When people started signing up, he thought they were doing it for the spare time."

"What?" Kinn asked again, completely flabbergasted. "What the hell? Pete, we have to tell him that's what he's offering." Kinn stood, but Pete dropped his food, immediately grabbing Kinn by the arm and dragging him from the garden, into the building.

Kinn was so shocked by Pete's boldness that he went with it. As soon as they were alone, Pete dropped his hands, wincing a bit.

"Sorry about that, Khun-Kinn but you can't tell him."

"Your creepy coworkers are trying to- what the fuck, Pete?"

"No one is actually ever going to topple Porsche. It's good for morale. He'll be fine."

"You don't know that."

Pete scoffed. "Yes, I do. Porsche keeps up with the main family diet, his workout is consistent and he trains like he's still a fucking bodyguard."

As they returned to the lunch, Kinn forced himself to sit through it all. Eight more men got in the pit, one after the other, attempting to topple Porsche. And each time, Kinn's heart rose to his chest in physical pain.

***

That night, as Porsche got out of the shower, Kinn was already in bed, having chosen to spend the night at the minor mansion.

"Something on your mind?" Porsche asked.

"I was told to keep it a secret."

Porsche turned around to face him while wearing his pajama pants, eyes bright with mischief.

"You have to share."

Kinn didn't even need much prodding. "Are you aware that you've offered to suck your employees' cock if they ever topple you?"

Porsche laughed. "Is that the secret?"

Kinn sat up. "You know?"

"I'm the one who made the offer, Kinn."

"I'm so confused."

"The men are excited about it. Plus, they get to think they have one up on me. Win win." He climbed into bed with Kinn. "Now, how about I make you the same offer. Topple me and I'll blow you."

Kinn didn't know what to feel. A part of him was a little worried to realize that Porsche was shaping up to be the kind of man who was worthy of being a mafia leader. While that was something Kinn openly claimed to be proud of, secretly, he wasn't so sure how to feel about his boyfriend learning to manipulate everyone, so easily.