Chapter 1: The Start of My Dangerous Life (Percy's POV)

I forced myself forward, running as fast as my legs allowed me. I leaped over rocks and climbed clumsily over fallen trees. My friend Grover was leading me to some special camp for kids like me. Yeah, you probably are thinking, 'Oh! Your a special needs or mentally crazy kid.' Nope, you couldn't be more wrong. Well I do have ADHD and dyslexia, but I'm about to explain about that. "Perce! Come on! The entrance is up ahead!" Grover called. One more thing about Grover, he's a satyr. He's half goat and half human. From the waist down Grover has furry goat legs and a pair of hooves. He also has a short pair of horns on his head surrounded by curly brown hair. Anyways, back to me. My name is Percy Jackson. I'm fifteen years old and up until this morning I was a normal teen with dyslexia. I'm actually son of the Greek god of the oceans and earthquakes, Poseidon. My mom, Sally Jackson, is a regular mortal living in our apartment back in Manhattan, New York. Being the son of a god and a mortal makes me a demigod, apparently. I only just processed all this info about two hours ago when my mom told me facts about my dad and Greek gods and everything. The ADHD are my battle reflexes and I'm dyslexic because my brain is hard wired for Ancient Greek, not English. It took me awhile to believe it but after I had my run in with two cyclops and I discovered my best friend was part goat, I decided it best to put all the myths and facts into reality. Grover and I finally made it to the camp gate when we heard a terrible roar from behind us. The cyclops I had stabbed with my sword Riptide (aka a ballpoint pen) earlier, was angrier than ever and charging straight at us. "Don't stop you idiots! Keep running!" I heard a voice shout from behind. I turned around and saw a beautiful girl with curly blond hair and astounding gray eyes. She was dressed in battle armor and held a bronze dagger in her hand. She looked my age, too. I was captivated by her perfection. "Percy! Look out!" Grover shouted. Then everything went black.

Chapter 2: I Meet Percy Jackson
(Annabeth's POV)

I saw (what was his name? Percy? Yeah.) Percy get hit by the cyclops and black out. Grover dragged Percy a few more feet and they were finally safe in the camp's borders. The cyclops smashed his fists against the invisible shield. He gave up eventually and stalked off looking for more prey lurking in the woods. I ran over to Grover, put my dagger in its sheath at my hip, and took one of Percy's arms. Grover and I took Percy to the infirmary where he laid unconscious for two days. During that time I talked with Chiron and Grover. Chiron is our mentor and the trainer of great heroes like Hercules and Achilles. He is immortal and a centaur, half horse and half man. Basically, Chiron has a horse body from the waist down, hooves and all. Grover filled Chiron in on who Percy was and why he had to come here. I snuck off to the infirmary to see how Percy was. When I got to his bed I saw that he was still sleeping and drooling. I giggled and sat on a stool beside his bed. "Too bad your a son of Poseidon. We could have been great friends." I murmured putting my hand on the edge of his bed. He rolled over, facing me. His messy, black hair dangling around his face. He woke suddenly and grabbed my hand. His gorgeous sea-green eyes looked shocked. "Nightmare?" I spoke softly. "How'd you know?" He said sitting up, still clutching my hand. "They're very common for all demigods." I said. "You drool in your sleep. Wipe your mouth." He blushed slightly and wiped it away. "Who are you anyways? I know I saw you at the entrance to here, wherever here is." Percy asked with a sparkle in his eyes. "I'm Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and battle strategy. You've been in the infirmary for about two days. And here is Camp Half-Blood. Half-Blood, demigod, same thing. Also, can I have my hand back?" I filled him in and asked blushing a bit. "Right, sorry." Percy replied and smiled. "It's okay. Come on. Why don't I go show you around camp and introduce you to some people? You also need to get settled into the Poseidon cabin. All demigods stay in the cabin of there godly parent. The undetermined stay in the Hermes cabin because they take anyone. Sadly you don't have any other people in your cabin. Your the only child of Poseidon, I believe." I finished. Percy and I stood. " I can see why your the daughter of Athena. Your very smart and informative." Percy winked at me. I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Thanks Seaweed Brain. Now let's go." "Alright Wise girl." He laughed. Maybe Percy and I will be friends after all.