April 28

In honor of the situation going on in Baltimore right now:

I hear the boom, crackle, sizzle of magnificent fireworks. They spell out my name in the sky, blue and green letters spelling out A N D Y in the sky. Fifty feet high, outlined in gold, shining over the amazing city of Baltimore. The riders of the boats in the Inner Harbor staring up at the sky in awe, people from Fells Point to Federal Hill observing my name. Me sitting in the helicopter with my feet dangling out, a parachute on my back, watching the boats and the sky and the reflections all at once, preparing to land on the deck of a private barge.

I snap out of my daydream when my butler approaches with my latest addition iPad, Skype open and showing my twin sister's face. I envy her right now. She gets to live my dream, but spelling Shelly in pink and purple and in California. Meanwhile, mine is cancelled this year due to riots in Baltimore. She's gonna have so much fun, but since my favorite water happens to be in a currently dangerous area, and hers doesn't, I have to miss out. "Hey sis! Whatch ya thinkin' 'bout?" Ugh. "The Ravens verses Forty-Niners game tonight." I lie. She knows I love the competition, even if she's not really competing. At least her butler cares, I'm always surprised by what that boy will do, considering his age. Then again, what boy wouldn't want to work for her? She is constantly being reminded of how beautiful she is, of course we are identical, but somehow she is considered prettier anyway, she's probably a dream to date, and she could easily get them into the modeling business. Plus she gets all of Father's attention and bigger everything, including credit card. She sees I'm upset and says, "What's wrong? Did Daddy refuse to pay for your season suite tickets for all-what is it-Eight sports teams?" She taunts. I snarl. I hate her. Of course he did, but is that what I'm upset about? No. I'm upset because she gets anything she wants and I get the paycheck of a school teacher! I mean, my tutors get more to live off of than me. He would make her an island and not even give me a basketball hoop! I mean, poor people even have those. My season tickets to only two of my teams are in the nosebleeds and I can only afford two jerseys each. She never buys clothes, she has them designed and tailored for her every day. I don't really care that much about that one, I don't wear dresses, but would it kill Father to start a line of active wear or even jean shorts? "How's my beautiful sister? Has your beautiful boyfriend found out what is inside your beautiful heart, beautiful?" I ask her mockingly. "Oh. You mean Thomas? He's a keeper." "Thomas? Where'd Kevin go? Did Daddy steal him from you and send him to Paris?" I know the answer before she said it, Unlike her, I know her like my small-in-comparison house, if something changes, I can tell. At the thought of boyfriends, I am reminded of Sam, currently out in the chaos, as a firefighter. He's really young to be one, and I really don't think he's safe. I close my eyes for a second, praying he will come back unharmed emotionally or physically. I open my eyes and see the impatience plastered on Shelly's face. "So why did you Skype?" "To make sure my little sis hasn't gotten herself killed or 'disgraced the family legacy'" I should've know she didn't care, it was all Father's idea. I think he still doesn't trust me, thinks Mom made me mad. I'm fine, but I'm not blind, similar to Mom, opposite of Shelly. I refuse to be a puppet for him, even though it suppresses a reputation and a couple million dollars.