June 23

I take a deep breath as the optimizer approaches. This is the first body edit I've ever had, but all my peers tell me it doesn't hurt, but that only makes me a little less anxious. I had decided to get something small and cute to start, I am having abdominal muscles implanted. I hear that makes others feel more attracted, and will make my job easier. It seems like a good investment, as long as I stay healthy long enough to pay off the surgery and the days I will have to take off from being sore. At my age, 27, physical occupation gets harder and others start transferring to intellectual occupations. Those are very boring and don't pay as well. Also that would reduce the want for abs, I would have to keep them under clothes and they would be useless for my job. If something goes wrong, or I get sick soon, this would have been a waste of hard-earned credits.

I wince in anticipation as the machine slices my abdominal, but am thankful for the pill I took previously as it doesn't hurt. I sit up to watch the interestingly gruesome scene appearing in my body, but the optimizer instructs me to lay back down as sitting up would interfere. I obey, not wanting add recovery time to the surgery, but continue to watch through a mirror on the ceiling anyway.

~~~two days later~~~

I walk to my station at work and remove my shirt, basking in the glances given in admiration to the product to my operation. Admiring the ease with which I can now do my work, I am interrupted by the security of my workplace approaching. They inform me, "You are being transferred to the intellectual department, due to showing inappropriate areas of your skin." Confused and upset, I scream at the gaurds, unable to believe I had been lied to about my investment. I lost so much money, for this to happen. This is not what I wanted! I am informed, "If you continue to protest, you will be executed." This terrifies me, because I need time to exact revenge. The people who caused me to loose anything good I had in life, shall loose anything good they had in theirs.

A/N: To clear up confusion, I will inform you that the main character is female but is surrounded by males and doesn't understand the difference.