Chapter Four

To Kuramochi and Miyuki's surprise, the walk to Izanami's house was quite short. Why? Well her house was only fifteen minutes away. Both boys were shocked as she searched for her keys in the bags Kuramochi wasn't holding.

"Gah! I know they're somewhere in here..." Izanami grumbles, squatting on the sidewalk in front of the house, now digging through a suitcase with wheels. The smaller bag to the side now as it was already searched through.

"Ne, Nami-chan... You're living in this?" Miyuki asks, hands in his pockets.

"Hm? Yeah. Why, what's up?"

"By yourself?" Kuramochi asks, not understanding how Izanami doesn't see the problem.

"Well, duh. My parents are back home so it's just me here."

"..."

Miyuki chuckles in disbelief, "And they got you a house instead of an apartment?"

"Well it's not my house technically. It's under my mom's name of course since I'm still under age."

"Well obviously it's not your house!" Kuramochi spazzes out, unable to believe how Izanami is taking this so lightly.

"Anyway, it's just a temporary house until I decide what school to go to or not," This comment makes both boys look at her curiously, "My parents made a deal or what not with the real estate agent and paid whatever they had to for like a... temporary lease? That's the easiest way I can explain it. For example, if I end up not liking Seidou or a school in West Tokyo, this house will be no more."

"Wait a second-"

"Mochi, can you hand me the bag you're holding? I might have left the keys in there instead," The shortstop wordlessly hands her the bag, the two boys left looking at each other in question.

"When you mentioned West Tokyo... you mean you're considering schools in East Tokyo too?" Miyuki asks carefully, though he's not sure why.

"Yup."

"Huh."

"Aha!" Izanami grins as she pulls her keychain out, the keys rattling with a few keys and charms. Kuramochi doesn't fail to notice a little chibi character charm on it. Was that from Naruto?

Not bothering to close her bags at the moment, Izanami rushes over to unlock the door, but when she does this, the two boys behind her almost drop their jaws to the floor.

"Are you kidding me?!" Kuramochi exclaims, "You were looking for your key like a maniac and you have one of those advanced fancy door knobs?!"

Izanami snickers, "Despite it being a temporary home, my parents made sure to get all the latest security shit installed just in case. Besides, I tested the keyless methods earlier when I dropped off the rest of my stuff with Rei. I just wanted to double check if the physical key worked, you know, just in case something ever happens to the electric lock."

"Huh..." Miyuki muses, "That's pretty smart. Except, if you were here earlier, why didn't you drop off these bags you're bringing now?"

"I forgot?" Miyuki laughs at the sheepish look on Izanami's face, "I was in such a rush to go visit the school, I rushed to take all the luggage in the trunk out that I forgot the luggage in the back seats which were these three bags. Besides," Revealing a hidden keyhole, she inserts the key and the door chimes with a 'door unlocked', right as the door opens, "It gave you two a reason to come and help me like the good little hosts you are~"

Miyuki laughs as Kuramochi shakes his head, "Well Miyuki didn't help at all anyway."

"True."

"Hey! I blessed you both with my wonderful presence!"