Chapter Five

The three boys visiting Izanami at her house was not something she expected, but not unwelcome. She was touched really that Jun came along to apologize, despite knowing she overreacted just a bit too. Still, that's why she apologized too. As she sits on her bed wrapped in a towel, she scrolls through her phone, smiling at all the different notifications. There were many new friend requests on her LINE and a few unknown numbers in her text messages. The different array of greetings made her giggle, replying to all of them quickly to let them know she got their message. Clicking on Jun's recent message, she smiles.

Shiki-san 🦁
5 PM! Be ready!!!

Izanami-san
So loud even through text o:

Shiki-san 🦁
Eh?!

Izanami-san
Hehe nothing nothing ^-^ I'll be ready by then

Shiki-san 🦁
We'll meet you at your place after we get done here too 😤

Izanami-san
Whatever you say, Shiki-san. Good luck at practice!

Humming to a song playing on her laptop, she clicks on a message from another upperclassman.

Menace
Ready to lose later Kat?

Mini Kataoka
Hah?? Who do you think I am Ryo-san? I'm no loser

Menace
We'll see about that (:

Deciding that's enough texting for right now, she tosses her phone to the side, the device bouncing on the bed as she stretches her arms above her head. Stretching out her legs, her right leg jolts a bit, her hand coming down to soothe the slight ache on her right knee. Sighing, she frowns as her thumb traces the ugly scar going down the middle of her kneecap. It hadn't been a year since her incident, the scar was still practically fresh and though the doctors said she could get a scar removal surgery, Izanami denied it— for now. She hadn't even gone back to her regular routine yet, so what was the point of removing it now? For now it would be a reminder until she was up and running again, literally and figuratively.
______

"So you can dress up, huh?" Is the first thing Izanami hears as soon as she walks out her front door. She can just hear the teasing grin on Miyuki's face.

Izanami is dressed in stone-washed skinny jeans with black high-top Converse, a simple white fitted tee with a loose leather jacket. Her hair is free, fully dry and soft to the touch. She can only roll her eyes at Miyuki's comment, making sure her door is locked before stuffing her keys in her book bag style purse. "Hardy har har," What she doesn't expect to see when she turns around is a group of teenagagers all waiting for her and she can do nothing but blink in surprise. "Oh... hello there."

Takako gives her a warm smile, "Good afternoon Izanami-san. All ready to go?"

"Oh, uhm, yeah," Izanami chuckles, "Is this supposed to be a chaperone group?"

"Well we figured since we were all heading over, we might as well just all go together. Some of the others already left for the arcade though," Takako explained, eyes sparkling as she took in the other girl's outfit. "I love your outfit!"

"Thank you," Izanami smiles, rubbing the back of her neck, she holds onto the straps of her back, "Let's head over there, yeah?"

"That eager to lose Kat?" Ryosuke asks, causing Izanami to huff.

"Please," She rolls her eyes, "I'd say I'd race you to the arcade, but these are some of my favorite jeans. I don't wanna ruin them."